New French Anti-Tank Missile

New French Anti-Tank Missile
France’s latest anti-tank missile, reputed to be as advanced as the American “Stinger” & “Hellfire”.

liveleak.com/view?i=9731d_4407

not intended to be a dig at La Belle Francaise
This is obviously a malfunction. Glad no one was injured or killed.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]New French Anti-Tank Missile
France’s latest anti-tank missile, reputed to be as advanced as the American “Stinger” & “Hellfire”.

liveleak.com/view?i=9731d_4407

not intended to be a dig at La Belle Francaise
This is obviously a malfunction. Glad no one was injured or killed.[/quote]

Well…the Stinger is absolute shit as an anti-tank missile. I’d hope the French had something better. :laughing:

Dr. E -
Yep, the Stinger is not an AT. I think this thing needs to travel 50 meters or so to arm itself anyway.

I think they’re laughing about it at the end of video.

thanks for your very informative post, maybe Taiwan can order some, ala the lafayette scandal, and pay 20% to 30% over market prices for second rate products. :wink:

Perhaps Taiwan could order some Euro fighters.
That would balance up the Taiwan straight nicely lol

:wink:

What went wrong? It worked perfectly well. The missiles are programmed to surrender :smiley:

I’m sure no-one was hurt. I’m also, form a few reviews I have read, sure that this will be a good anti-tank system.

A new French anti-tank missile eh? What’s next? A means of broaching castle ramparts, or defending against cannonballs?

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]New French Anti-Tank Missile
France’s latest anti-tank missile, reputed to be as advanced as the American “Stinger” & “Hellfire”. [/quote]

Heh heh, I saw that at this site below, but TC beat me to it:
break.com/index/french_milit … ssile.html

However, a comment below the vid say that the soldiers are Canadians-from Quebec, using French equipment… :wink:

[quote]Some facts:

1. Those soldiers are not French, they are Canadian. They are in all likelyhood from Qubec. 2) That weapon is not a Javelin, it is an Eryx Short Range Anti-Armour Weapon, Heavy (SRAAW(H) for short). The weapon is indeed of French manufacture, and it is quite powerful, if somewhat short-ranged (max 600 meters, if memory serves me right). While in this video, the weapon misfires, only a fool would believe that this is the norm instead of the exception. 3) It is normal procedure to GTFO when a misfire occure[/quote]

MDL -
Thanks for posting this update info.
Its better that probs like this get sorted out in testing than in the field.
And 600 meters is to close.

EADS website:
eads.com/1024/en/businet/def … /eryx.html

From FAS:

From Army Technology:
army-technology.com/projects/eryx/

That 600m looks right. Too close.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]MDL -
Thanks for posting this update info.
Its better that probs like this get sorted out in testing than in the field.
And 600 meters is to close.

EADS website:

From FAS:

From Army Technology:
army-technology.com/projects/eryx/

That 600m looks right. Too close.[/quote]

600 meters for urban warfare is ok but not impressive