New Giant Lizard found

I never know whether I am happy or sad that a new species has been found. On the one hand perhaps it will get better protection on the other it will attract the collectors. mmm :ponder: Anyway beautiful animal to say the least
http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8605000/8605699.stm

Cool! A fruit eating monitor sized lizard. Wild.

What’s not to like? :thumbsup:

I bet I know what the tribesman was thinking…

This is going to make a seriously good [wikipedia]inihaw[/wikipedia], especially with all that fruit I saw it stuffing itself with before I clubbed it over the head

See! I told ya :sunglasses:
Should we move this to the Food forum?

I bet I know what the tribesman was thinking…

This is going to make a seriously good [wikipedia]inihaw[/wikipedia], especially with all that fruit I saw it stuffing itself with before I clubbed it over the head

See! I told ya :sunglasses:
Should we move this to the Food forum?[/quote]

yeah and now it has been discovered there will be a new demand in Chinese restaurants as well as rich western reptile collectors. That is why I commented on its discovery by western science as a double edged sword.

there’s another undescribed new species of giant lizard hiding in my underpants.

no Chinese person’s going to eat that one. No, wait a minute…

[quote=“urodacus”]there’s another undescribed new species of giant lizard hiding in my underpants.

no Chinese person’s going to eat that one. No, wait a minute…[/quote]

:bravo:

I got a smaller one but its has a very long life span and is noted for its speed and agility when finding prey