New Glasses...sort of

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]I’m due to get my first set of glasses the moment I stop putting it off. Any day now. :neutral:

[quote=“Kea”]

TC, try HGH, it improves eyesight and muscles. Good luck.[/quote]
What is HGH?[/quote]
Human Growth Hormone. Don’t recommend it. Unless you want heart problems and a myriad of other ailments down the line…

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]
What is HGH?[/quote]
Huang Guang Hen.[/quote]
Ah!!! Perfect Monday Morning laugh. Sorry HG it is at your expense, but it’s good!!! :roflmao:

[quote=“bismarck”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]I’m due to get my first set of glasses the moment I stop putting it off. Any day now. :neutral:

[quote=“Kea”]

TC, try HGH, it improves eyesight and muscles. Good luck.[/quote]
What is HGH?[/quote]
Human Growth Hormone. Don’t recommend it. Unless you want heart problems and a myriad of other ailments down the line…[/quote]

That’s what I thought it was. Either that, of High Grade Heroin. Both of which I steer clear.
Hear.

Buh wen day - Taiwanese
May wen ti - Chinese
De nada / No problema - Espanol
Fuhgeddaboutit - New Joisy or Brooklynese

About Costco…funny thing, in Socali, specifically the Huntington each area, back in the early 2000s the local paper, OC Register, ran a series about where to get the best quality glasses at the lowest prices They compared the results at the major outlets - Opto Shops (LensCrafters, etc.), Big Name places and all that. The hands-down winner in price, quality (accuracy of fulfilling the prescription) and speed was Costco. I was surprised.

Somebody asked about Laser eye correction in the states.
SoCali info - other parts of the USA will vary.
Top quality and expert results are widely available. Price seems to be the deciding factor as well as what procedures are ‘do-able’ for your eyes. Some corrections just can’t be as successful as other procedures. I had a friend who received the procedure from a top level surgeon and had rather dissapointing results. She still needed to wear glasses for some uses. Her friend who had it at the same time (they got a “Buddy-Discount Deal”) came out with 10/20 and no complications. It just depends on what condition your eyes are in and what the existing problems are. For example, I’m near-sighted in both eyes, one worse than the other and I have a slight astigmatism complication in one eye. This would probably affect the results…or maybe not.
Price range, in US$s are from $2500 to well over $6000 at some of the top levels surgeries with full cappuccino, comfy lounge and fluffy blonde bimbo attendants. (True - Newport Beach).

From what I’ve researched, as well as the excellent thread on the topic here, top-rate service is available here on the island.

Till then…I’m just munching carrots… :lick: