New golf and scirocco..........FINALLY!

Well its a good 6 months or so late, my father has been driving around in the new gti back in the uk and im biting at the nails to get the mk.6.
I was going to buy the mk.5 gti earlier in the year but the sky high (read on drugs) prices 2nd hand put me off, even more so knowing the mk.6 was coming which would hit me hard in the wallet if i bought the mk.5!.

Anyway the old gti was 1.2 mill new… not a bad price compared to the uk, especially considering you get DSG as standard.
Anyone know what the price is on the new golf and scirocco?.

Saw two sciroccos at the vw dealer last week when I service my MK5…$1.3m for 1.4L and $1.6m for 2.0L…get the 2.0L as 1.4L aircon system still climatic while the 2.0L already climatronic

I think MK6 GTI will sell above MK5 GTI price which is around $1.25m…

1.6mill got the 2.0???

The scriocco is priced BELOW the GTI… they cant honestly be thinking of selling it for 1.7+!!!
Even in taiwan thats nuts, i can get a infiniti G37S for 1.9 before discount and thats considered a rip off too!.

Unless the GTI is 1.2mill, i dont think its in my budget :frowning:

1.4l version is the new 160hp engine or do they bring the old ones 122hp, 140hp, 170hp one?

I would buy the 2.0l but it is too expensive, i think GTI is more bang for your money. New one looks nice but they should have changed the wheels to a new design.

no prices anywhere :frowning:

I want the GTI or if its skyhigh in price, the new GT 160bhp with a remap… 1.4 tax, 200bhp and 7 speed DSG gearbox :smiley:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]no prices anywhere :frowning:

I want the GTI or if its skyhigh in price, the new GT 160bhp with a remap… 1.4 tax, 200bhp and 7 speed DSG gearbox :smiley:[/quote]

Thats what i am planning on too, but 160bhp is enough for me and i want manual

for new car prices, go buy Taiwan motor magazine…$1.55m for 2.0 scirocco and I dont think the new MK6 GTI will sell $1.2m…

the new gti sells for almost the same price as the old gti everywhere in the world.
if they are charging more for it, they are taking the piss big time :fume:

as for manual… never going to happen :frowning:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]the new gti sells for almost the same price as the old gti everywhere in the world.
if they are charging more for it, they are taking the piss big time :fume:

as for manual… never going to happen :frowning:[/quote]

I know, it sucks not having manual option being imported. And the price, yes they keep it same everywhere.

no gti for taiwan, well thats what they are saying, they said no mark6 was coming 3 months ago…

the 160bhp golf gt 1.4 is only 1 million exactly.
The gti scirocco is 1.4 mill… not so bad, the gt version is 1.2 mill.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]no gti for taiwan, well thats what they are saying, they said no mark6 was coming 3 months ago…

the 160bhp golf gt 1.4 is only 1 million exactly.
The gti scirocco is 1.4 mill… not so bad, the gt version is 1.2 mill.[/quote]

They bring the mark5, maybe they need some time.

test drove the golf6 1.4 tsi.

Man its an awesome car, it takes off like a rocket, drinks almost no fuel compared to my crv even in non turbo form, its more silent inside than my old GS300, its smooth.
I just love it to bits and im working on buying one right now!.

One thing i must say, i drove the mk5 140bhp and 170bhp versions and they both suffered with this weird lag when you let off the throttle and went back on it again, it was so bad i refused to buy it.
The mk6 doesnt have this issue, it responds like a regular N/A car and feels much smoother.

I even haggled in a ABT 210bhp remap which is covered under factory warranty, just working on selling the CRV now… :discodance:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]test drove the golf6 1.4 tsi.

Man its an awesome car, it takes off like a rocket, drinks almost no fuel compared to my crv even in non turbo form, its more silent inside than my old GS300, its smooth.
I just love it to bits and im working on buying one right now!.

One thing I must say, i drove the mk5 140bhp and 170bhp versions and they both suffered with this weird lag when you let off the throttle and went back on it again, it was so bad i refused to buy it.
The mk6 doesnt have this issue, it responds like a regular N/A car and feels much smoother.

I even haggled in a ABT 210bhp remap which is covered under factory warranty, just working on selling the CRV now… :discodance:[/quote]

I know that lag, when i drove my dad’s jetta with same engine i told him about it, he say just put in sport mode but for me didn’t made much difference. So it is good to hear they sort that one out. I want to try one out, where is it available? On Wen Shin Road?

Do they offer any trim levels in Taiwan or just bring one level? I know they offer trend line, comfort line and high line back home but here i don’t have any idea.

only 4 colours to choose, no trim options… nothing.
16’’ rims, no bodykit, no sports suspension, no satnav, no reversing camera… NOTHING

just DSG and a sunroof.
colours:

white (im getting), black, silver, gray.

And yeah that lag was awful, i nearly crashed the 170bhp version on the test drive, i put my foot down to overtake a car and nothing happened, i backed out and stayed in lane when it suddenly took off almost into the back of the car i was in front of…

[quote=“smellybumlove”]only 4 colours to choose, no trim options… nothing.
16’’ rims, no bodykit, no sports suspension, no satnav, no reversing camera… NOTHING

just DSG and a sunroof.
colours:

And yeah that lag was awful, i nearly crashed the 170bhp version on the test drive, i put my foot down to overtake a car and nothing happened, i backed out and stayed in lane when it suddenly took off almost into the back of the car I was in front of…[/quote]

No metallic colors? they give so few choice. Gray might be fine for me. I wanna go see it. Where can you take the test drive? Wen Shin road dealer?

[quote=“nazmikarakoc”][quote=“smellybumlove”]only 4 colours to choose, no trim options… nothing.

just DSG and a sunroof.
colours:

And yeah that lag was awful, i nearly crashed the 170bhp version on the test drive, i put my foot down to overtake a car and nothing happened, i backed out and stayed in lane when it suddenly took off almost into the back of the car I was in front of…[/quote]

No metallic colors? they give so few choice. Gray might be fine for me. I wanna go see it. Where can you take the test drive? Wen Shin road dealer?[/quote]

Think along the lines of a ‘cookie cutter’ market…trim is all the same except for a few colors to choose from and that’s it. At least you are not forced to have cheap-ass fake rich look wooden interior trim. When I bough an a new Accord in 2004, every trim level came with some wood trim and the more you paid, the more wood you’d get! :unamused:

[quote=“Captain Stag”]
Think along the lines of a ‘cookie cutter’ market…trim is all the same except for a few colors to choose from and that’s it. At least you are not forced to have cheap-ass fake rich look wooden interior trim. When I bough an a new Accord in 2004, every trim level came with some wood trim and the more you paid, the more wood you’d get! :unamused:[/quote]

I got some fake wood on center console, keeps the weight down and low maintenance…i guess :wink:

yep wenshin section1/2 down near costco.
They have a white test drive model, i forgot to bring my licence too and they still let me drive :smiley:

[quote=“smellybumlove”]yep wenshin section1/2 down near costco.
They have a white test drive model, I forgot to bring my licence too and they still let me drive :smiley:[/quote]

Great thanks