New golf and scirocco..........FINALLY!

Pushy sales though.
I already told them i will be buying it as soon as i can get shot of the CRV, yet they call up asking for deposits… come on for real, im gonna tie up all my money in 2 cars, i not in that much of a rush anyway!.

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Pushy sales though.
I already told them i will be buying it as soon as i can get shot of the CRV, yet they call up asking for deposits… come on for real, im gonna tie up all my money in 2 cars, i not in that much of a rush anyway!.[/quote]

So shouldn’t give a correct phone number as usual. Do they take your old car as trade in?

From another thread…

I went to try the Golf today in Neihu, and it is quite good. However, as they don’t let me go to a race course/nice mountain, I cannot really try the car dynamics more than the trafic in Taipei allows me. The DSG is surelly smooth, and doesn’t give you the slumps the one I semi-auto in the Smart gives, so it is a good thing. We went to a road with cameras where the sales guy was waiting for me to push the car, but, as the amount of places where you can really accelerate in Taiwan are very small, I just did the cruise speed test. However, I was waiting for a bridge to try it really, and when I got the chance (going up the one close to Costco), I put the car into manual, went down one speed (to 3rd) and then it kicked in the turbo (only time)… by then, it was the first time I heard the engine, and it sure felt nice (although it was only a 2-3 seconds feeling before you are already at 80…). The car doesn’t shake, budge or move more than what it is told to, so it is quite steady (compared with my waterbed Festiva).
My biggest issues with VW is the lack of some optionals that are not everly expensive and are strange, like the ParkPilot + ParkAssist + RearAssist, which is available in Europe for less than 700€ (they offer local rear radar assist (the traditional buzzer that can be easily installed) for free), and the electrical sport seats (strange on a version that is supposed to be sporty…) that go for 260€ - which is bad because me and my wife have driving positions that are quite different… (27cm difference in height).
The navigation system is also not available, although VW does have an optional for a local DVD+RADIO+NAV system for $35K, or DVD+RADIO+NAV+DVB-T for $40K.
UV cut film is offered on the glasswork.
Total cost is $1.088.000, so leasing (with Carplus) requires downpayment of $330K, plus monthly payments of $28.259. Insurance, Road Tax, and some other stuff are free. As it is for company, I can get the 5% VAT I pay on the monthly payments back, plus there is some other thing (I don’t really know what right now, that can be deducted at a rate of $80.538 a year). So it means that in the total I will pay for the car - $1.347.324, I will deduct $50.868 from the VAT plus $241.614 from the other thing, I will pay a total of $1.054.842.
If I do financing, I have to do the same downpayment, but monthly rate will drop to $22.740. They put a 0 for the VAT (which I doubt that I cannot go get it), and I also cannot get the other thing. Plus I have to pay insurance of $63.796*3=$173.580, road tax of 12.660*3=37.980 and the other is $3.500. Total price will jump to $1.363.700.
Maintainence is 4K per visit, avg. It need to go at the first 1.500Km or 6 month, and then every 15.000Km or 6 month. Warranty is 2 years with no limit on KM. VW does give you a minimmum 50% buy back price after the 3 years (when the car is really yours) when buying a new model.

Yep im pissed about the lack of options too, absolute joke really :frowning:
I just want the sport trim and wheels, in a few months time those kits will be kicking around taiwan for $20k installed anyway, so i will be patient.

$1,100,000 on the nose with parking sensors and the ABT 210bhp remap.
We give a 300k deposit and the payments only work out to under $15k a month, though thats 5 year term though.

that is a good deal on the ABT remap… but won’t it kill the engine faster?

2 year unlimited milage warranty even with the remap… ill be shot of it before then anyway :smiley:
I dont believe it will, i did a lot of research on this little engine, turns out VW designed it to hold alot more boost than the factory rolls them out with.

i read somewhere if you map it when only on S, then the dealers wont know when they put it on D ??

[quote=“smellybumlove”]Yep im pissed about the lack of options too, absolute joke really :frowning:
I just want the sport trim and wheels, in a few months time those kits will be kicking around taiwan for $20k installed anyway, so i will be patient.

We give a 300k deposit and the payments only work out to under $15k a month, though thats 5 year term though.[/quote]

Is it financing by the VW or from a bank you work with?

hmm really?..my MK5 needs to be serviced every 7500km (although the manual say 15,000km) due to road condition here…yeah $4k for “small” maintenance…"big’ maintenance (30,000km) will cost you $14k!..dont know about 60,000km yet

50% buy back price huh?..does it only apply on MK6 or also on MK5?

you can go ask them.

They do sell the certified VW cars which they bought back from customers but who knows what they offered for them when they bought it back, it might be true they give you 50% back since most second hand prices are higher than those numbers.

[quote=“nazmikarakoc”][quote=“smellybumlove”]Yep im pissed about the lack of options too, absolute joke really :frowning:

We give a 300k deposit and the payments only work out to under $15k a month, though thats 5 year term though.[/quote]

Is it financing by the VW or from a bank you work with?[/quote]

VW dont finance here… hell VW dont exist here, its a private company really in VW clothes as are all car dealers on the island (excluding the hondas,toyotas etc.).
Its with the bank they have deals with, the interest is crazy low, you borrow 800k and pay back 880k… thats 10% total interest, never mind the silly APR/year stuff they throw at you back home!.
Can clear it at any time for a small 10k fee.

I was talking to my wife’s aunt this weekend, She said %2 to %3 for interest. %10 is alot. For the past 6 years she said it didn’t changed and stay around %2.3

Did you get your car smellybum?

Depends on the term.

Nope, i saw the new golf R online and it just made me pull out of buying the GT.
I dont want to stitch myself up with a car on finance then 6 months later regret not going to the better car!.

So i tuned up the CRV some more and will make do until next year!.

That car is nice but it is much higher performance machine, should be much more expensive.

Yep but ill be able to afford it by then anyway, plus its going to be so worth it!.