The Overdue Critical Race Theory Thread

Interesting that this is happening now; one thing that Trump may have succeeded at long term with his executive order is simply getting this issue into the national conversation.

Preach it!

2 Likes

Hahaha I’m writing a paper using critical race theory right now and trying to get it published.

2 Likes

Critical race theory teaches that race determines character. That’s what the Ku Klux Klan claims too.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Fram a bill in New Hampshire

Do you believe that white people are inherently racist?

no

1 Like

What does that have to do with critical race theory?

1 Like

I have this crazy idea that bad experiences abroad and opposition to immigration tend to correlate negatively with acceptance of critical race theory.

2 Likes

Well, you got the crazy part right.

3 Likes

Is that your thesis?

No.

I’m doing a quantitative study. Which is kinda antithetical to CRT because it should focus on POC experiences, and “objectivity” is a white-established norm. Maybe they won’t want my paper.

1 Like

It’s confusing, so you have that going for you. :wink:

1 Like

What? Would you mind explaining that a bit?

1 Like

Does anyone remember the guy who got a paper published about sexist white males in Carnegies?

No, I wish I had read it though.

1 Like

I can’t find it, but I’m sure I recall it correctly.

I’m an immigrant. My wife – with my considerable help – is an immigrant to the U.S. I’m only opposed to illegal immigration. Legal immigration is the lifeblood of any society. Is it really that hard to understand the distinction?

5 Likes

Why not do something useful instead, like playing Sudoku?

1 Like

A proposed ban on academic research from government ideologues! How very CCP! #deepironies

1 Like
1 Like