New London Attack

In the last 30 days alone. There were 98 Islamic attacks in 21 countries, in which 515 people were killed and 522 injured. It’s like this every month. Worse during Easter and Christmas time.

We spent millions and have people working around the clock for thwarting Islamic attacks so obviously we don’t see it as often. It’s not even close to right wing terrorism. It’s foolish to try to convince anyone right wing terrorism is even on the scale of Islamic terrorism.

1 Like

Yeah but what about the crusades?

It’s bound to happen, so I’ll do it this time.

2 Likes

What about them ?

1 Like

Religious belief doesn’t equate with skin color. You’ve provided three examples of white right-wing racist nutjobs who are in jail. I’m not sure what you’re suggesting here? Ignore Islamist terrorism because they’re usually brown?

1 Like

When you see headlines like this you can be fairly sure it’s an Islamist attack.

Why no mention of the Dayton shooter, who was a left-wing nut? And why are right-wing nuts a higher priority for you than Islamists? What exactly is your agenda? :thinking:

Probably because there’s been way more right wing terrorists than left wing ones.

Because when a white right wing terrorist shoots people wouldn’t blame it on all white people, but when an Islamist terrorist does people would blame it on all Arabs.

I’m sure a minority of people would blame it on all Arabs. Even so, I don’t see why that makes it logical or acceptable to ignore Islamist terrorist attacks.

I’m pretty sure that ISIS and Al Qaeda are very quick to blame all white people for any terrorist attack committed by someone white. They’re both big fans of Hitler, by the way.

2 Likes

No one does that. There are Arab Jews, Christians, as Judaism and Christianity started in the Middle East. How are they doing there if there’s any left. How would you be treated as a gay man in the Arab world?

I don’t see how any of this is relevant anyways.

3 Likes

The political blame game begins!

It’s a bit complicated because IIPs were dropped in 2012 under the coalition government. Also, Johnson was warned three years ago about the risks of releasing convicted terrorists half way through their sentence. Both parties either cancelled or introduced legislation allowing early release. Labour for misguided compassion, Conservatives to save money. A classic British cock-up.

I think Justice Levesen will be sweating as he was responsible for the decision to reduce the sentence in this particular case.

1 Like

This guy could be the Willie Horton of a new century.

(From the thread title, people might think this is about Connecticut.)

The victim that died just completed his criminology masters program from Cambridge. His masters thesis was apparently on the over representation of ethnic minority men in the criminology system…academia vs reality.

Despite that, I was very sad to hear of this. 25 is no age to go. Stabbed by a psychopath you only seeked to help is no way to go. He was naive, but this is no way to learn how the world really works.

It’s a way for everyone else to learn how the world really works.

Some people’s life meaning is to serve as a warning to others. If we don’t make a big deal out of this, he will have lived and died in vain.

I’ve had people close to me who died much younger than 25. You can get sad at this, or you can get angry. Only one of these emotions is a spur to any kind of action, helpful or otherwise.

Sadness is the first refuge of moral cowards. Stoicism is the second. A martyr complex is the last step before the soul shrivels up and dies. Don’t even take the first step down that path.

It is indeed very sad. I certainly wasn’t saying he deserved it or anything of the sort. Just kind of painfully ironic.

1 Like

You have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.

According to this list, assuming it’s complete, the vast majority of attacks in London over the last 100 or so years have been from the Irish republicans. In fact, there were 17 attacks by the Irish republicans in 1975 alone. Since 2000, there has been 11 in total.

Would you therefore consider it a reasonable phobia to be scared of Irish people?

These attacks are being made by a political group, not a religious or racial one.

Saying Islam is a problem is just as ridiculous to me as saying being Irish is a problem.

Laugh? About someone who was murdered? Tell me this didn’t actually make you laugh, and this is your way of being edgy.

Oh, I know. I was just giving my own commentary about it. Read about it earlier. Reading the Dad expressing his heartbreak was quite sad.