New Luxgen5

car.cool3c.com/article/53739
mobile01.com/topicdetail.php?f=444&t=2484483
Well, the exterior doesn’t look that bad but the interior, oh dear :doh:

autonet.com.tw/cgi-bin/view. … 2+e3+e5+f1
notice the rear arm rest? Is it supposed to be like that?

Another piece of garbage that has borrowed styling from just about every other real manufacturer on the planet. Not to mention useless features that never work properly. I’ve heard that Luxgen bought Nissan’s technology from two product generations ago. I’m sorry, but Luxgen is just too blatant in it’s copying of other brands to seem fresh and original to me. Not to mention the fact that most of us know that locals typically care more about appearance than actual function/performance, so there’s nothing to it other than sales fluff.

the luxgen is very popular in Taiwan, so many of them here in Taichung…

my friend got the SUV, biggest regret purchase of his life. Heavy, handles poorly, no pep. crap

:roflmao:

I dont know where to begin, nearly everything is shite, but my wife says im too negative…so i will say positives:

turbo engine

thats it :bravo:

Fancy putting an X nest to a G without a vowel in between. That’s horrible, even before getting to the car.

At last. Luxgen ventures into a saloon category. This is what I’ve been hoping for for quite some time. I could never stand their daft people carriers and awfully designed SUVs. Taiwan needs saloon cars more than any other.
As I’ve said from the beginning, I’m always hopeful that Luxgen will eventually make a decent car for a decent price. So far they have been missing the mark in terms of reliability and build. This will no doubt take a few years to polish if at all they are capable of meeting at least my expectations and hopes.
I see they have adressed at least part of the dash issue with this saloon in that it doesn’t have as many buttons as Captain Kurk’s ship, and they have got rid of the enormously stupid and illogical blank button (A.K.A. What the hell does this button do?) design from the earlier people carrier.

EDIT: I see they are pricing it in the Camry field. Ouch! Lest’s hope for Luxgen as before that there are plenty of island loving locals who want this car for its Taiwan status, over its reliability issues and depreciation.

Yeah I dont know what the logic behind their pricing strategy…Their highest trim price is already in 2.4L mid-large sedan price range…

btw, the new camry is moving to 2.5L engine…For me I wouldn’t mind to pay 3.0L annual tax for 2.5L Turbo engine such as Forester 2.5XT or Legacy GT…but 2.5L non-turbo? I gotta think twice… :ponder:
news.u-car.com.tw/news-detail.asp?nid=13331

Yeah I don’t know what the logic behind their pricing strategy…Their highest trim price is already in 2.4L mid-large sedan price range…

btw, the new camry is moving to 2.5L engine…For me I wouldn’t mind to pay 3.0L annual tax for 2.5L Turbo engine such as Forester 2.5XT or Legacy GT…but 2.5L non-turbo? I gotta think twice… :ponder:
news.u-car.com.tw/news-detail.asp?nid=13331[/quote]

Yes, but they are shaving off over 100,000NT from Camry pricing, so rumor has it.