New maxi scooters made in Taiwan

[quote=“cybertai”]I agree with you. The PGO one should be great for riding in a crowded city like Taipei. by the way, it uses the Kymco 250 engine which is quite reliable. The chasis PGO uses is a “light” 125cc one, with its 21 horsepower, it could beat regular 125cc scooters easily.

Well, the price in HK is around 110,000 NT.[/quote]So the PGO is not such a porker? Its little brother, the G-Max 150, was reported to be not very powerful and too heavy, but I suppose the 250 engine would be better at hauling the weight around. I bet you the Cygnus would still be quicker off the line though, and that the G-Max would take a while to catch up and overtake.

Thread on PGO G-Max here; [PGO's G_max Scooter

What I would like to see would be a 200 or 250 version of the CPI GTR50. That would be quite exciting, and the frame and suspension would be well up to handling the heavier engine.

I am a scooter convert, but one of the best things about scooters for me is their light handling and nippyness. The bigger ones just aren’t as much fun. I enjoy riding my beat-up old Dio 50 round town because it steers so quickly.

The Europeans get lots of exciting scooters that aren’t available here. Up until recently there was a Peugeot 200cc two-stroke scooter with a sporty frame and suspension (Speedfight). Now its only available in four-stroke flavour due to emissions regulations, but there’s still lots of exciting stuff out there.