Mexican food joint - “遊牧 to go Nomad” >>closing soon<<

I found café/ market in Taiwan, not in Taipei but in Kaoshiung. Not bad but not as good as I had last week in New York City and Hawaii but good by other Mexican places I have been in Asia. Mexican café is Mi Casita 米卡希達 add:苓雅區新光路140巷39號, decent Mexican café with small Mexican/latin market.

1 Like

I appreciate your suggestions and thank you for recognizing that I produce good food. Like I said I can make it “four bites” for you (not a smaller spoon😂), with a price matching it. Let me remind you that many Mexican restaurants went out of business in Taiwan- I can’t say for sure why but I must consider the eating habits of Taiwanese customers (the majority of my earnings come from them) in order for my little shop to survive.
I can do this super-burrito that I made for my hiking trips for you: 10inch tortilla, aged basmati, Nomad’s pinto beans, grilled cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, purple cabbage and any mixture of protein.IMAG7300

5 Likes

what are the eating habits of Taiwanese though? i can’t really think of anything they would be that opposed to in mexican food? from what i gather the most important thing to taiwanese is high cp.

Where do you get your purple cabbage from? I have trouble finding it consistently. Sometimes they have it… sometimes they don’t…

Also where do you get the habaneros?

1 Like

Exactly, it’s difficult to gather the ingredients you see that I put into my food. Purple cabbage can be found in Guo-tsai wholesale market, fresh habanero from Kaohsiung

1 Like

I want this in Taipei
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7mNxMMoi0

1 Like

Many good places. The flautas looked good. I think people would like the real Mexican street food in Taiwan.

1 Like

I think this is true. Less cheese and raw vegetables, more meat and organs.

1 Like

In Texas, we call it Mex mex. Tex mex is americanized with lots of cheese. Both are good - just different.

And then there’s California-style “fresh Mexican” and Mission burritos. I love it all. Uh-oh, getting hungry just thinking about it.

1 Like

Guacamole!

2 Likes

:yum:

3 Likes

Why you are posting this food p*rn on Sunday? I know you’re closed today!!!

Guy

2 Likes

Open today all day, not a bad idea to have a burrito with awesome jalapeno sauce in this weather😋 thank you

for coming everyday and this delicious treat :innocent:

1 Like

Nomad is finally up on google maps! This should make this spot easier to locate for those who are not yet in-the-know (apologies for this ugly URL):

Guy

4 Likes

Thank you for posting this! Yes Nomad is finally on Google Map, if you have been here please rate it and possibly leave me a comment too? So I can improve!
Open this long weekend, preparing to add TACOS, huevos rancheros and my version of mole (all made from scratch) to my menu!! Stay tuned😋

2 Likes

Would you be so kind as to let us know the specific times for this holiday? Most places will not open at all or have a special schedule. I have 4 Mexicans who are very hungry!

1 Like

@Nomad4ever you are being paged!

Guy

1 Like

Open everyday except Sunday for lunch 11-2pm and dinner 5-8:30pm, looking forward to feeding those hungry Mexicans!

2 Likes

Tried quesadilla, good taste! Now waiting for tacos and flautas on the menu too😋

1 Like