New Moderators

Who the hell is “muffin”? Now we have “anonymous” moderators too? What’s that all about? There are more moderators now than regular posters! Too many chiefs and not enough Indians as my mom used to say …

I’ve been thinking of asking each of the moderators to give me a little blurb about themselves to add to the site FAQs – nothing as extensive or detailed as those at ORIENTEDdotORG, but something to give you a feel for why they are on board.

With regard to there being too many chiefs – is this a problem? The moderators are in a position to steer/cut discussions – but only if they choose to. They also are free to sit back and let things fly. Having a co-moderator adds a little more consideration to the mix.

Behind the scenes, we wrestle with each other about how things should be and could be. My hope: we’ll be able to change along with the people whoe post and read the site regularly.

I agree Monkey. Muffin, 1 post, never online. We should give here a chance to reply before flaming her, but I’d say she’s in it for the business cards, and that extra cummunity service on her CV.

[quote=“gus”]QUALIFICATION QUARTET:

1. To be a moderator you have to use the website…

…If you are moderating a forum, then you must have come with some good references or strong impressions that vouch for your good sense and responsibility (usually from another moderator).[/quote]
I was briefly introduced to Muffin yesterday but got a positive impression. Muffin, you’ve posted here before, right? What was your identity before? C’mon, fess up. Mailongdong? O’Brian? Jody Lin, perhaps? :wink:

[quote]I was briefly introduced to Muffin yesterday but got a positive impression. Muffin, you’ve posted here before, right? What was your identity before? C’mon, fess up. Mailongdong? O’Brian? Jody Lin, perhaps? [/quote] God help us if it’s really ABCguy. :smiling_imp:

Rest assured, Muffin is not ABC guy!!!
Muffin is a ‘he’.

I saw him and he’s GORGEOUS! His first name has got to be “stud”! :mrgreen: :shock: :smiley: