New Money

I’ve been thinking about the new money that Taiwan issused over the last six months or so. I’m curious if anybody here wonders where the new $20NT coins and the new $200ONT bills are? I think total I’ve come across two $20 coins, and two $200 bills. Where are they? Are people hording them like the rice wine or the stores maybe don’t want to give them out?

I noticed this in the U.S. when I went back last year. The US issued a new $1US coin and you can’t find it anywhere. I asked an owner of a jewlery shop about this and he told me there’s only one bank in the city that issues them and you have to go in and specifically ask one lady to get them. Amazing!

Jeff
jeff@oriented.org

I noticed that. When they introduced new coins in New Zealand it was like, wham, everywhere on the first day. Those 2 multiples are good, but not if noone ever has any of them.

Bri

Shopowners have complained to me about the NT$20 being so similar to the NR$50 – the opposite rings of silver (color) and copper just don’t make them different enough. And they are basically the same size.

I saw one $NT20 coin in August last year - not one since.

I have seen two $NT200 notes in the last month, for the first time.

Is this currency seriously in circulation?

The 200s seem to be coming out a lot faster than the 20s. I want more 20s.

I like the green colour fo the 200s - really nice. What a pity they have to have a mass-murdering dictator on them.

Bri

Did I tell you about the backwards globe on the NT$1000?
http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/1000xinxintaibi.htm

quote:
Originally posted by Bu Lai En: I want more 20s.

I got one - how much do you offer?:wink: (Just trying to adopt…)

Olaf

quote:
Originally posted by Bu Lai En: The 200s seem to be coming out a lot faster than the 20s. I want more 20s.

I like the green colour fo the 200s - really nice. What a pity they have to have a mass-murdering dictator on them.

Bri

So what US$ bill was Andrew Jackson on? Lots of mass-murdering dictators on various countries’ bills, it would seem

Can’t wait for the NT$2000 bill to come out. ROCSAT really needs more exposure.

Yah, but with all these new bills, don’t the shopkeepers need new tills with more slots in them? I mean, what have we got?
$1
$5
$10
$20
$50
coins
$50
$100
$200
$500
$1000
$2000
bills?

I had a $20 coin which I liked to carry around in my pocket for good luck. They’re best for throwing the I-Ching as well.

Never seen a 20 Dollar coin!? A few 200 bills passed through my hand though.