New Poo from Yahoo

I’ve used Yahoo Mail as my main mail account since 1999, but enough is enough.

The recent mandatory upgrade has finally overcome my inertia and I’m changing to Hotmail, (a MICROSOFT product! Yes, its THAT bad)

As well as completely trashing the performance, which might be partly down to my ageing hardware, and/or fixable by tweaking, they seem to have removed much of the functionality, in particular the “advanced” search function, which (when it wasn’t broken) was thier best feature.

Its demise renders the mail “archive” (which was my main reason for sticking with them) pretty inacessible. Perhaps it made too great demands on system resources.

That aside, I’m puzzled by the motivation here. They must have known this upgrade would drive people away. If (as I suspect) this is no longer a sustainable business, (for Yahoo and perhaps for other free email providers) and they want out, why not just stop doing it?

[quote=“Ducked”]I’ve used Yahoo Mail as my main mail account since 1999, but enough is enough.

The recent mandatory upgrade has finally overcome my inertia and I’m changing to Hotmail, (a MICROSOFT product! Yes, its THAT bad)

As well as completely trashing the performance, which might be partly down to my ageing hardware, and/or fixable by tweaking, they seem to have removed much of the functionality, in particular the “advanced” search function, which (when it wasn’t broken) was their best feature.

Its demise renders the mail “archive” (which was my main reason for sticking with them) pretty inacessible. Perhaps it made too great demands on system resources.

That aside, I’m puzzled by the motivation here. They must have known this upgrade would drive people away. If (as I suspect) this is no longer a sustainable business, (for Yahoo and perhaps for other free email providers) and they want out, why not just stop doing it?[/quote]
What’s the difference, Yahoo or Microsoft?
Haven’t they merged a year ago?