New Quick Reply Box

I added a new quick reply box in the empty space at the bottom left of discussion threads. It is only visible if you are logged in

You might notice that member names in a thread now seem to have links. This is related to the quick reply box. When you click on a member’s name in a thread, that name is entered in the quick reply box (with bold BBCode tags) :sunglasses:

I noticed it around 4am last night, a great addition to the forum, and I esp like the clickable names. Can you change the color of the names by chance? Like change mine to that awesome green? So people will know the mods and admin’s more easily?

Oh thank you for that one. I really missed it… :notworthy: :notworthy:

Great idea! I’d like mine yellow please?

That forumosa thing in the background looks cool, but gtes annoying when (if) your text reaches it.

Yeah, it’s nice having it back.

:bravo: Nice idea!

I had an idea about adding a function which would select interesting things for you based on your log in behaviour. For example if I always read posts about football, they would be moved to the top when I log in.

Is it possible to do this?

Just an idea, don’t start with the Big Brother crap! :raspberry:

L :smiley:

[quote=“Limey”]I had an idea about adding a function which would select interesting things for you based on your log in behaviour. For example if I always read posts about football, they would be moved to the top when I log in.
[/quote]

(1) Goose Egg: :thumbsup: on the quick reply feature

(2) Limey: Your idea sounds really useful. I am thinking of it as something like a “saved search” function, which would auto-search for your pre-set words when you logged-in or refreshed. It does sound like something that might be a lot of work to put-together/maintain though…
In the meantime, here’s a post about football for you to read. :slight_smile: I’ve actually been surprised that there are not more football fans on this site (or maybe those that are here are just quiet types)

Hobbes, all the footie fans hang out at Taiwan ho! Can’t say I’m one of them though. :astonished: you say…“But you’re English aren’t you?”

Yes, I’ve noticed that they have some lively discussions there on the subject. That’s why I was so surprised that nobody seems to be interested on forumosa. You have to be pretty lazy not to be willing to use one forum for footie and one for other discussions – but so far I have been exactly that lazy. Oh well :s

I can identify with the feeling, Limey. Whenever I tell people I do enjoy football/soccer, I get “Er… but, you’re American aren’t you?” :slight_smile: