New race track... where and when?

Hey guys, i heard from a taiwanese friend of mine that there will be a track somewhere in Miaoli… it seems it will F2 or something like that, they even have a website that i dont know about of course… and it will built by the Mega 21 group… (Mega 21 or “FE21” is a shopping mall for the ones that don’t know)… please everyone ask ppl that might know and bring some good news to the forum !!!
I know that we always hear news like this and then nothing, well lets hope that this one becomes true :pray:

even if its just a rumor, my team should know something about it. I’ll have to remember to ask next time.

Haven’t heard of one in MiaoLi, though that would be neat. I do remember quite a long time back in a magazine that there’s an international track being built down south somewhere between Kenting and Kaohsiung? It’s supposed to be good enough for F1.

The production got stopped on that track, and nobody knows what will happen with it. F1 would also never be allowed to race there. There is no way that China would let F1 come to Taiwan ever. If the track ever did get completed I am sure there would be some other circuits that might make it like the JGTC, A1, F3, etc. I thought that track was going to be somewhere around Pingdung? Anyway, I would love to see a proper race in Taiwan someday.

well i also knew about a track in south taiwan, but it seems this is another project… and it sounds better since its closer to where i live :discodance:
i will ask the guy when i see him again to give me the website that he was talking about last time… the problem is to find him again in a bar… anyway everyone keep track on this subject, we might all have more fun !!

down south got a nice little track @ pingdong, been there couple times. drag race and drift at nights. with loud car stereo sessions in the parking lots. there is a pig farm near by so it’s hella stank :bravo:

F1 worthy? yah if they built it a 50x larger :loco:

this is ???

I’m not sure China would be too bothered if F1 came to Taiwan since only 126 people (official published attendance) went to watch the last GP there.

No one in Taiwan could afford it though.

Well guys i have done my job, i finally found the guy that told me about it and i got the website for you… please the ones that can read chinese gives us comments about the project, schedule and so on…

www.formula.com.tw

[quote=“jaame”]I’m not sure China would be too bothered if F1 came to Taiwan since only 126 people (official published attendance) went to watch the last GP there.

No one in Taiwan could afford it though.[/quote]

It would just be a “losing face” thing for the Chinese. So I don’t think they would allow it. I am sure Taiwan would need some kind of aproval from China, and I just dont see them saying ok.

[quote=“BIGBOSS”]this is ???

[quote]
looks like TYKA in long tan.

[quote=“omerojs”]Well guys I have done my job, I finally found the guy that told me about it and i got the website for you… please the ones that can read Chinese gives us comments about the project, schedule and so on…

formula.com.tw[/quote][/quote][/quote]

great job, theres alot to read on there. i’ll ask my team about it tonight

Thanks Temple !!! it seems that you and I are the only ones interested on the subject lol… i will be waiting for your comments

I didn’t go through all of the pages, just a quick read through seems to yield no indication of when but the where is :

I hope it goes ahead although with all the talk of F1 in Taiwan and other hopeless pie in the sky nonsense on that website I think perhaps the folks at the wheel of this project may not have their plans grounded in reality… The location is always a catch 22 since the majority of the big bike/trick car market is up North, but the land required to build a circuit is prohibitively expensive anywhere but down South… Excellent for us Taichungers however!..

I talked with my team about it. Evidently this project has been in development for some time now. Nothing to get excited about apparently, since the opinion at my team was that its “just talk”. There is alot of red tape to overcome, not to mention the funding required for something like this. There is no said date for construction as far as I know.

well, now we have to keep waiting for a descent track lol…