New SIM card law

I know this has probably been discussed here before, but I can’t find an old thread on the topic so I’m sorry in advance but…

I want to buy a phone and then buy a SIM card with a phone number for my phone. I heard that I can’t just go to 7-11 anymore and pick one up but it involves also going to Chungwa telecom. Can someone tell me the process or point me in the direction of a thread that will tell me the process? Thank’s a million!

Hi peachka, I’m sure if you do a search for “prepaid card” or “prepaid sim card” or so you should find something. As far as I know the restrictions introduced a while ago are for one pre-paid card per applicant only, so you should still be able to go to 7-11 and get a card. My wife’s card is a FarEstone IF-card (“Iffu-ca” … :wink: ), Chunghua Telecom should only be involved if you purchase one of their cards, I guess … Xpet.

Thanks!!

when purchasing a sim, bring your arc, so that the retail store where you buy the sim can activate it, or you can purchase the sim in their calling center.