🚇 New Taoyuan MRT Lines

Curious minds want to know.

Where will the new Taoyuan MRT connect to the main lines? What station?

Will there be direct trains to and from Taipei station without me to change lines?

What’s the scheduled opening date?

1. Taoyuan and Zhongli
  2. There is now - the Airport MRT is part of the Taoyuan MRT.
  3. You need a crystal ball.

Have a read here.

1 Like

In addition, the New Taipei MRT Sanying (Light Blue) Line which is under construction ends at the Xinbei/Taoyuan border, and will eventually be met by a Taoyuan Line.

1 Like

Everyone getting blanketed in MRT except Taichung ha

also a pretty informative video on Taoyuan MRT plans

1 Like

Time to start taking bets on how long the 2nd line will take.

Six years more than whatever they promised.

The one thing I hate about Taichung.

Sounds optimistic

Day pass questions: so there’s a one-day pass for the Taoyuan MRT, NTD$320; between Taipei Main Station and the airport is $160 each way, so the same price as the day pass.

If I’m reading this correctly, the Taoyuan Day Pass is not valid on Taipei’s MRT, and the Taipei MRT day pass does NOT include the airport line. So if someone’s going from the airport, into Taipei, around Taipei a bit but not much, and then back to the airport, there’s not really a useful day-pass option, is there? Or are there some kind of passes you can buy at the airport?

(Leaving aside the layover tour options, which I know are out there.)

The SanYing line is already overdue.

This is above ground? I keep seeing them add tunnels underground and now I’m confused :thinking:

The Sanying (Light Blue) line is all on Viaducts/Bridges. No Tunnels, No Ground level lines.

The Taoyuan MRT Brown Line (not to be confused with Taipei City’s Brown Line) has now been approved. It will apparently connect Taoyuan TRA Station with Huilong MRT Station in Xinzhuang, with both ends set to be significant hubs with multiple lines.

Guy

4 Likes