New Taroko Park Development

Read this today and wondered if anyone knew about it ?

http://www.carnews.com/article.php?id=33226&p=1

I was expecting something to be about something in Hualian, but it seems like it’s a new shopping centre in Kaosiung/Gaoxiong (can never spell it right).

Billed as “The Most Fun in Asia” (impressive considering it’s not even built yet), this is a mall planned for Kaohsiung. The name Taroko is 大魯閣 – named after the batting cage/bumper car sports entertainment company – rather than the park, which is 太魯閣 (that little dot really does make a difference).

It will doubtlessly leave many a backpacker confused out of his skull. “No, the Taroko NATIONAL Park!”

so… time to rename it to Truku national park?

[quote=“Hokwongwei”]Billed as “The Most Fun in Asia” (impressive considering it’s not even built yet), this is a mall planned for Kaohsiung. The name Taroko is 大魯閣 – named after the batting cage/bumper car sports entertainment company – rather than the park, which is 太魯閣 (that little dot really does make a difference).

It will doubtlessly leave many a backpacker confused out of his skull. “No, the Taroko NATIONAL Park!”[/quote]

I did noticed that the radical, or dot, was missing, but thought it might have just been a typo. Still, I don’t see the point of building this mall. I’m still not going to Kaohsiung.

No doubt it will be good for the concrete industry. Eventually the whole island will be concreted.

Work, shop, be happy.

I wanted to know where in KS they’re building it but got lazy and busy, so I stopped reading. I bet it’s not very central.

If they’ve got money lying around and want to do something useful with Kaohsiung, why don’t they sort its water/pipes out first? Surely drinkable water is more of a priority than another mall? Those poor souls.

Because it would be too logical

It looks like it will be on the south side down by the airport. Another mall… Whatever…