:facebook: New taxis are coming

10,000 taxi drivers to get up to $350,000 each towards a new car.

https://youtu.be/RWTrlFi3J2U

2 Likes

Car dealers rubbing their hands together

3 Likes

WTF are my taxes being used to subsidize the taxi business? Not only do we get screwed out of cheaper and better service from UBER by the government, we’re now paying for new taxis for the taxi ^%#''s! Any driver driving around in a 12 year old car is not particularly good at his job, now he’s being rewarded with a new car subsidized by my taxes.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

12 Likes

It does seem very odd. Drivers with really old polluting cabs get rewarded while those who don’t have don’t.

I could understand a general subsidy on any less polluting vehicle, some kind of tax relief, but to only limit it to drivers who own old cabs seems unfair.

Incredible…incensed my taxes are being used for this and there’s not a thing I can do about it. It’s funny I have noticed an influx of new cabs on the streets…well of course.

1 Like

yeah and we don’t even get the right to vote on the issue just give them 350 000 each. That’s huge money. Can I be a taxi driver and grab one ? What’s the criteria to get the 350, anyone know? APRC OK ?

4 Likes

It would be nice to have a bit of a say about decisions made. Taxation and representation, and all that.

5 Likes

I mean I know we make that choice willingly, but dang this one really pisses me off.

3 Likes

all this situation doesn’t make sense.
Total non-sense
my wife is convinced it will be modified once the general public hear about it.
She says: only old politician trick to get votes for next year run.
kind of make sense
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

They already replaced thousands of taxis so a bit late. At least look at it this way, the quality of taxis will be vastly improved, if not the taxi drivers.

FIFY :laughing:

News report this morning on yet another fantastic new initiate by the government to help their taxi pals.

They’ve thought of something brilliant. From next month there will be even better taxi’s on the road. To keep costs down the taxi ^%$# will no longer be required to spray their car yellow, they’ll no longer be required to install a meter, instead, hold your breath, you will be able to request, get an estimated trip cost and pay for your ride with nothing other than a cell phone app! How brilliant is that!?

Innovation island :joy:

I heard they’re going to authorize some new colors. But not all colors. Not sure.

I wonder…

what happens if you just jump in the taxi with no meter on the side of the road?

If will have the sign on the roof, stickers, ID number, and the availability light in the window?

So many questions…

The taxi drivers get a new car subsidized by your taxes but you as a foreigner cannot get a Gogoro subsidized by their taxes. Funny how that works

1 Like

An estimated trip cost that will magically be inflated when it’s time to pay.

Choosing black or white would really annoy all those Mercedes owners :joy:

Those who passed the law gets a kick-back from taxi companies. Taxi companies have been giving red envelopes for yrs.

1 Like

That’s a lot of cash alright. I smell corruption.