New theme request

How about a plain old white background? This 1970s cream is just so lame. I know some of you oldies love the past and everything, but for crying out loud, it is mind bogglingly ugly.

Thanks, love your all work.

I like the Dark one, works for me well. Same as for Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc. White background now feels strange for me. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Some of us can’t do dark backgrounds. I don’t know why, but they hurt my eyes after a while. I’ve heard other people say the same. So there seems to be a bit of a split in terms of preference for dark and light backgrounds.

3 Likes

Thus the cream.

I think we’re at our max for themes and potentially even past it; it creates a number of issues. The Classic theme is traditional :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s poll this

Which theme do you use for Forumosa?
  • Black
  • Dark
  • Classic
  • Darkmosa

0 voters

Would you like to have a White theme?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

I suspect no one uses Darkmosa. So if there is a need for a White theme, Darkmosa could be replaced perhaps?

1 Like

I use Darkmosa! :slight_smile: On mobile. I wanted to vote twice if I could!

3 Likes

:laughing:

Ooops, I did fix a typo in the first poll, now the results are gone… :rofl:

If anything, we may eventually consolidate our dark themes. I don’t think we’ll be replacing them with other themes.

The Chrome “High Contrast” plugin could be useful to some if it’s that bothersome.

2 Likes

This time I voted for Darkmosa!

2 Likes

I use Black cause I can’t go back.

And because I use AMOLED screens.

3 Likes

I use classic because there is no “light” (white or light gray) theme.
Usually I setup my apps to follow the general theme of the device I am using (and I got pretty used to my devices changing to dark after sunset).

1 Like

Pink Pop theme?

I think that’s what happens to “Dark”.
I’d say get rid of the “Dark” and bring the “White”!

1 Like

The split between light and dark theme users looks pretty even so far. So given the split is even, it would make sense to have two dark and two light themes, rather than the current 3 dark/1 light.

1 Like

Where are the rainbow themes?!?! That’s what I want to know. :thinking:

Look I’ll take Hello Kitty, whatever is on offer. I just want equality.

With a dash of Lime