New to Dazhi

Im 24 and just recently moved from california to Dazhi. I am not familiar with the area and looking to meet people. I am currently starting an internship in a project management position. Hopefully this post works because the city is pretty intimidating and i have yet to even make a conversation and a new friend.any feedback wold be appreciated : )

Are you working at Neihu Technology Park? Dazhi basically consist of two areas: Old Dazhi (Beian Road/Shijian Univiersty) and Miramar/Mingshui Road area where rich people live alongside the bourgeois from Keelong River Public Housing.

The Keelong riverside park area is close by and great for riding bicycles. I sometimes play baseball on the baseball diamonds across the river.

[quote=“Maxxis”]Dazhi basically consist of two areas: Old Dazhi (Beian Road/Shijian Univiersty) and Miramar/Mingshui Road area where rich people live alongside the bourgeois from Keelong (Jilong) River Public Housing.
[/quote]
Beian Road is like the tracks with everything west of it being the wrong side. But the old section has its charms, especially the quiet, leafy neighborhoods around Shijian University. It’s got a lot more character than the sanitized Miramar area. Be sure to check out Casa Della Pasta, one of the best pasta places in Taipei IMO. You’ve also got easy access to the ridge hiking trail which affords great views on both sides of the ridge and leads all the way to the Grand Hotel.