New (to me) game store in Kaohsiung

Went to a little place last week called Dwarf’s Goldmine. They had a variety of board games for sale (bought Ticket to Ride for my game crew in Tainan) and an even larger variety of board games in open boxes to be played in the store!

They also sell Games Workshop stuff. They had WHFB, 40k, LotR and Mordheim in stock. Maybe a little BFG, but don’t quote me on that. They can order whatever you need, too. Also had a bunch of GW paints, including the spray cans. Saw a box of Pirates (the ship game with the punch out plastic ship cards), too.

Upstairs they had a few tables for gaming and some nice terrain peices to play with. Tables were not as nice as the ones at Minimen, but I’d play on them! Saw a lot of activity there, too. Downstairs, some folks were playing Settlers of Catan and upstairs I saw some WHFB, Mage Knight and a Chinese board game being played. It was pretty busy. Looks like I have a reason to go to KHH besides Costco!

If you are interested, it is on WuFU Road, Section 1. Just across the street from the culture center is a Junior High school. Next to the Jr. High is a McDonalds. Go down the street between the school and the McDs and it’s a few shops down on the left. Number 15. They have a Games Workshop sign out front and a bunch of games and figs on display in the window.

Happy Gaming!

BTW, www.war-hammer.com, if your Chinese is better than mine!!! And their phone is 07-2299467

[quote=“kozmo”]Went to a little place last week called Dwarf’s Goldmine. They had a variety of board games for sale (bought Ticket to Ride for my game crew in Tainan) and an even larger variety of board games in open boxes to be played in the store!

They also sell Games Workshop stuff. They had WHFB, 40k, LotR and Mordheim in stock. Maybe a little BFG, but don’t quote me on that. They can order whatever you need, too. Also had a bunch of GW paints, including the spray cans. Saw a box of Pirates (the ship game with the punch out plastic ship cards), too.

Upstairs they had a few tables for gaming and some nice terrain peices to play with. Tables were not as nice as the ones at Minimen, but I’d play on them! Saw a lot of activity there, too. Downstairs, some folks were playing Settlers of Catan and upstairs I saw some WHFB, Mage Knight and a Chinese board game being played. It was pretty busy. Looks like I have a reason to go to KHH besides Costco!

If you are interested, it is on WuFU Road, Section 1. Just across the street from the culture center is a Junior High school. Next to the Jr. High is a McDonalds. Go down the street between the school and the McDs and it’s a few shops down on the left. Number 15. They have a Games Workshop sign out front and a bunch of games and figs on display in the window.

Happy Gaming![/quote]

After 18 years in Kaohsiung with no real gaming store and I have one month before I leave and I hear this. I should of known. I don’t think Jesus loves me. :s :slight_smile:

It is great news and I’m there this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

They are open from 2pm to 10pm.

How would one get to the store from the train station?

I’d just tell the taxi driver to take you to the Cultural Center and then follow the directions in the OP.

For driving directions from the train station, go south - right down zhongshan (chungshan, 中山) road. After about 1 km you’ll come to WuFu road, section 2. Take a left. Go another ~1.5km and you’ll see the culture center on your right!

Thanks kozmo.

Just got back from checking the place out. Very nice and I hope they succeed. Kaohsiung needs a place like that.

I turned them on to the dwarven forge website as well as the miniature building authority.

I’'ll be there tomorrow afternoon to check out whatever conflict they whip up.

Very, very nice.

Does their shop also have a website?