New to Taipei

Hi, we are very new to Taipei, both working here, just wondered if there are any weekend coffee mornings for newcomers to meet new friends etc?

Hi JHDB,
Welcome to Taiwan (and Forumosa).
I’m not aware of any coffee mornings, but you can certainly meet lots of people through the site. There are happy hours about once a month, and there are other activities like hiking if you prefer that.
It would help to know a little about you (two) and what you like to do. Then it might be easier to point you in the right direction.
Cheers,
Stu

Hi JHDB,
Welcome to Taiwan (and Forumosa).
I’m not aware of any coffee mornings, but you can certainly meet lots of people through the site. There are happy hours about once a month, and there are other activities like hiking if you prefer that.
It would help to know a little about you (two) and what you like to do. Then it might be easier to point you in the right direction.
Cheers,
Stu[/quote]

Watch out, new dude, he’s going to ask for your credit card numbers next!!
I’ve seen him do this before.
He has an unfortunate NT$20K/day Imported Potato addiction to support…

Don’t mind the chief. He’s just angry I stole all his crisps.

Here’s a link to the hiking thread. You may want to check that out:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75637

Well, that was a lot of crisps…

Happy hours are good places to meet people, but all the people are bastids, so it have doble edge sword.

Just kidding about the little potatoey fella there, new dude, welcome to the end of the road.
And pay no attention to that cow buttercup, they won’t even let her in Taiwan…

Doesn’t the community center in Tianmu do stuff like that … coffee mornings?
… and they have therapy as well, if you really have trouble fitting in … oh, and lot’s of other stuff they do, activities and the like …

[quote=“irishstu”]Don’t mind the chief. He’s just angry I stole all his crisps.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75637[/quote]
Talking about hiking…you haven’t joined our hikes in years!

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“irishstu”]Don’t mind the chief. He’s just angry I stole all his crisps.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=75637[/quote]
Talking about hiking…you haven’t joined our hikes in years![/quote]

Tell me about it!