New to Taiwan, HELP!

It’s required to get a health check to have an ARC.

[url=ARC Health Check Limey’s post:[/url] Click the red to read the thread.

[quote]
1, Your school applies at local Department of Labour (DOL) (about a week to receive confirmation papers)

2, Heath check (I went to Ren’ai (road) hospital NT$630, I think) You can do this while waiting for the DOL. No documents required, except passport. No appointment. 8 days wait for report. You must go back to pick it up. Opening times are strange - ring before you go, or check web. (photos required)

3, When you get the “Yes” from both DOL and health report, take all the documents plus a letter of employment to the FAP. Remember passport!

4, Apply for ARC. $NT1000 (photo required)

Hints, have at least 6 passport photos handy for the multiple form filling. I’ve just done mine, bear in mind it was over Chinese New Year, all in all it took about 4-5 weeks.

Get crackin’ and don’t worry. This is my third ARC and I still hate doing 'em, and forget the process every year! [/quote]

Basicly when you’re hired a company will file the paperwork for you, but you need to show proof of degree and passport. Then do as listed above, get the work done, give it to your company and poof you have an ARC.