New Train Website. Does it work for you?

I can’t get the website to give any information. Queries result in the same page each time. Furthermore, it doesn’t seem possible ot get info on prices to small stations like Yingge as they are not even listed. WTF? The old website was fine. I hope this is just a glitch but I need this info now. I’m not about to go down to the train station with 100 questions. :fume:

new.twtraffic.com.tw/TWRail_en/index.aspx

Wow, that link doesn’t even load for me. Sure it’s correct?

You’re too fast. Try again. New link.

OK. Got it now. Are you using Firefox? If so, try Internet Explorer instead. Some sites aren’t written properly, and will not work in Firefox.

I also see it’s a new site, so don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work right yet. Can you remember the address for the old site?

Safari, Taipei-Kaoshung with Express train is over 5 hours!@@#$#@ Could that be?

[quote=“Muzha Man”]I can’t get the website to give any information. Queries result in the same page each time. Furthermore, it doesn’t seem possible ot get info on prices to small stations like Yingge as they are not even listed. WTF? The old website was fine. I hope this is just a glitch but I need this info now. I’m not about to go down to the train station with 100 questions. :fume:

new.twtraffic.com.tw/TWRail_en/index.aspx[/quote]
Works fine for me (tried Taipei to Yingge), using Opera 9.10 or IE7.

Price is 31 or 37 newish Taiwan Dollars. Let me know if you need the schedules, too.

Here is the old address: 163.29.3.96/twrail_en/index.aspx (looks the same though)

People have to use the clunky “Guided Query” where smaller stations are involved.

People have to use the clunky “Guided Query” where smaller stations are involved.[/quote]
Not for Yingge. You select Taipei and then it’s the last one in the list.

People have to use the clunky “Guided Query” where smaller stations are involved.[/quote]
Not for Yingge. You select Taipei and then it’s the last one in the list.[/quote]

But I’m not getting any list at all. Would you be so kind as to write down step by step what you are doing? :notworthy:

Works fine for me in Firefox. It’s always taken a long time to get to Kaohsiung from Taipei on a train. They have one run that’s just under 4 hours, but it leaves at 7:30am.

Sure:

I click the link you provided
In the “To” section I select Taipei in the 1st menu / list (Kaohsiung is default)
In the “To” section I select Yingge in the 2nd menu / list
Then I click “Query” (bottom right)

Result (for today, 13.03.2007):

I didn’t select “All Types” under “Train Types” but that works, too, giving much more results though; above are just the express trains. Changing date and time also works fine.

Okay, my problem is I get nothing in those menus. All I can click are those circle things. And there’s none for Yingge.

Strange. Try to update your browser (if available).

Or try Opera 9.1, it should not interfere with other browsers on the same PC.

Hey, I tried Opera and it WORKED!!

Thank you Rascal.

Now would you care to help me pen an apology to the Tourism Bureau? :laughing:

Happens far too often with Taiwanese websites.

What’s new about it? Or I should say, why is it called the new train site? It’s the same one I’ve been using for a couple of years - no changes that I can see.

No, the design is completely different.

No, the design is completely different.[/quote]

Ah, I get it. I always just use the basic page at the front, which is still the same, like Rascal’s screen shot above. But if I click the guided query tab, it does look different.

But I never do that, so it’s still the same to me. :smiley:

Using the main page from the TRA is a joke. Someone should go to that and describe to me how you can find the schedules quickly… :stuck_out_tongue: It’s actually WORSE than before.

duplicate… whoops!