New type of virus preys on Windows users

Thanks MaPo, but I’ve already bought my gear - a LanTech USB wireless actually.

And Robert, thanks too. I tried Googling all sorts of combinations, posted a question on the Knoppix forum, and scavenged around a lot, but almost all the results were for cards and not USB adapters. I’ll try the 2.6 kernel though, thanks.

Maybe you should make a new thread in the Tech section about this T(L)UG idea, see how many are interested?

Well, the Linksys works with Knoppix 3.3 straight out of the box:
everythingusb.com/hardware/i … eviews.htm

LanTech seems much less popular – there are only a dozen or so pages, most in eastern European languages, when I search for “Knoppix LanTech”. Dunno, sorry, but look at the Linksys articles for some of the setup info; it might be useful for getting the other one set up.

Yes, I will make a new thread on this topic just as soon as I get to Taipei. I wanted to go tomorrow but here in Taitung it keeps running cats and dogs, thunder and lightning, killer winds - I’m expecting to see an alien spaceship land in my yard any minute. Anyway, when it stops, I’ll try to get a train/plane to Taipei and once settled in I’ll see what my schedule looks like. I’ve actually got a summer job in Taipei doing some geek work - more about that later. Looking forward to the launch of a new LUG…

regards,
Robert