New website: CHINA RISING

For those interested in discussion pertaining to the developments of modern China, here is a new website which features a forum, galleries and member articles:

www.china-rising.org

[quote]Democracy. We definitely support the democratization and political liberalization of China. We look forward to seeing China move towards greater democracy, transparency of government, rule of law and freedom of press. However, we understand that necessary economic and social foundations must be solidly built before political reformation. China has a very different culture and history than the West and we must take into account these differences when engaging in Chinese political reform. We do not support the politically motivated demonization of the Chinese government prevalent amongst Western political circles. We support the political evolution of China into a modern civil society in China’s terms, not the West

Maybe assclown writes for them, it’s just the same old rhetoric and strictly for domestic consumption. :loco:

Well here’s my first post. I just want to test the waters.
china-rising.org/phpbb/viewt … =1392#1392

I’ve quoted it below in case it gets deleted.

[quote]
Why “Chinese Taipei”, not “Taiwan”? - in the cross straits forum

Whenever Taiwan particpates in international events Taiwan is always referred to as Chinese Taipei. Why can’t it just call itself Taiwan? Sure Taiwan does not have a UN seat and may never have one, but Taiwan is still Taiwan in name. Calling it something else is not just weird, it’s inaccurate because people from all over Taiwan are eligible to be a part of the team.

If Taiwan wins a gold medal in anything (it does happen occasionally!) the winner must suffer the indignity of haivng to stand there listening to the national anthem of the PRC!

Well, this is my first post. Treat me gently. What are your thoughts on the term “Chinese Taipei” in place of “Taiwan” at international sporting events?[/quote]

[quote=“Spack”]
I’ve quoted it below in case it gets deleted.[/quote]
Good test. I think you’re either going to get deleted or flamed out of there.

That website is sickening. It seems to be a circlejerk fest for a group of extremely naive and brainwashed people.

I’m so tempted to go in and slam them over the “One China” belief. That is such a load of shit in my opinion.

“Mainland brides, and all other mainlanders, are compatriots of the people in Taiwan.”

And yet the mainland feels compelled to point 500 BM’s at Taiwan. What kind of warped view of compatriotism is this? :loco:

The more I read there, the more I am believing this. :raspberry:

I’m sure there’s a thread over there saying the same thing about us on the 'mosa :wink:
I do hope the one-china policy wonks like assclown_drughead drift over there and leave us alone.

He’s already drifted as I saw in a thread or two.

[quote=“Jinete Mortal”]
He’s already drifted as I saw in a thread or two.[/quote]

Man, I get the feeling poor little CheapFujianese is going to live to regret introducing his site to Forumosa :laughing:

Nice work over there Spack, Maoman and co.

Silly uni Chinese majors I’d be willing to bet. Good to go easy on them.
I’ll definitely be popping over from time to time . . . got to get a new e-mail that doesn’t use my name first!

HG

Nuts! :saywhat:

Pfft, go easy on them. If they can’t stand the heat, they shouldn’t have built the kitchen.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Silly uni Chinese majors I’d be willing to bet. Good to go easy on them.
[/quote]
I think a good number of them are xBC’s or overseas Chinese trying to “get in touch with their roots.” My wife went over there to sort 'em out. I’ve been told that that is her site and this is mine. :frowning:

Hahaha, I figure we should all come to forumosa and convince you guys are ethically incorrect you are.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]Man, I get the feeling poor little CheapFujianese is going to live to regret introducing his site to Forumosa :laughing:[/quote]Methinks someone didn’t do enough lurking before making the sales pitch. :homer:

You back the CCP and YOU want to preach about ethics? :loco:

When did I join the CCP, that’s news to me. Overprojection of my position once again.
pro-3 links and pro-eventual unification is my position.

I could easily point to many of the neo-cons on the site and ask what right do they have to support any ethical position given the lack luster performance of their supported leadership at this time.

But the fact remains the DPP party have done many unethically things while preaching they are the most ethical party.