New website: CHINA RISING

AC:

My previous post dealt were a reponse to claims that another poster had made.

AC, why are you a chauvinistic, war-mongering racist?

[quote=“Taichungmafia”]

AC, why are you a chauvinistic, war-mongering racist?[/quote]
Ah, now be fair. I don’t think I’ve read anything posted by him that was disparaging of women.

AC, why are you a war-mongering racist? :wink:

You`re right, he may not be a woman-hater. I just want him to know how it feels to be falsely accused.

Jiveturkey asked;

I will admit I have a weak spot for the occasional women jello wrestling competition.

But that is a far cry from being chauvinistic, war-mongering racist. :slight_smile:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]I will admit I have a weak spot for the occasional women jello wrestling competition.
[/quote]
Ah, if Jiang Zemin and CSB could only put there differences aside for one night of female jello wrestling in a neutral country, the cross-strait problem would be solved.

A question for Cheapfujianese: You continually refer to “TI extremists”, “TI extremism”, “TI extremist political circles”, “extremist TI media viewpoints”, etc…

Is everyone who supports the Taiwanese people’s right to independence immediately to be written off as an “extremist”?

What has China ever done for Taiwan? Not much that I know of. Now that the Taiwanese have become rich, which has had nothing to do with China, China claims it as part of some mythical “fatherland”.

What is so “extremist” about not being willing to hand your country over to a bunch of greedy expansionists?

I’m for the status quo: Taiwan being independent of the the PRC. That’s way it’s been for 55 years, or forever, depending on how you look at it.

Most people I meet in Taiwan feel similarly. Are we all nothing but a bunch of “extremist” troublemakers as you label us, or can one support an independent Taiwan without being an “extremist”?

China(PRC) isn’t only now claiming Taiwan, its been claiming Taiwan since 1949. The original message was to militarily “liberate” Taiwan from KMT rule, now it is reunification. Taidu extremism isn’t so much about handing the island back to the PRC, its about demanding independence now and damn the consequences. You are a bit off on the status quo, as it currently exists, there is no independent Taiwan, there is only the Republic of China government currently on Taiwan that represents all China but is not recognized by most nations.

Taidu ideology(as expressed by some here) is born from sycophantic house slave mentality. Will develope this further when I have time. (There is a difference between wanting to remain independent from Beijing and abolishing the RoC and declaring a Republic of Taiwan. The first is more or less status quo which is fine, the second is treasonous and must be struggled against.)

[quote=“commie_jingoism”]The original message was to militarily “liberate” Taiwan from KMT rule, now it is reunification.[/quote]So disavow the use of military force to force the issue, and we’ll talk. Otherwise take your missiles and threats and stick them up your ass.

[quote=“cmdjing”]China(PRC) isn’t only now claiming Taiwan, its been claiming Taiwan since 1949. The original message was to militarily “liberate” Taiwan from KMT rule, now it is reunification. Taidu extremism isn’t so much about handing the island back to the PRC, its about demanding independence now and damn the consequences. You are a bit off on the status quo, as it currently exists, there is no independent Taiwan, there is only the Republic of China government currently on Taiwan that represents all China but is not recognized by most nations.

Taidu ideology(as expressed by some here) is born from sycophantic house slave mentality. Will develope this further when I have time. (There is a difference between wanting to remain independent from Beijing and abolishing the RoC and declaring a Republic of Taiwan. The first is more or less status quo which is fine, the second is treasonous and must be struggled against.)[/quote]
You’re a bit off tonight. Just who are you replying to? Please do come back and “develope this further” when you have time. Before this, your posts have been infinitely more readable than AC_dropout’s. The above seems like a rant that is uncharacteristic of you.

Treasonous against whom? Taiwan isn’t under the jurisdiction of the PRC. In no way, shape, or form is Taiwan wanting independence “treason” against the PRC. The only way this is so would be if Taiwan was in fact a province of China, which it is NOT but for the screwed up heads of the CCP. Maybe you mean “treason” against the culture, history, or whatever other BS you can come up with to try and sanction the actions of the PRC.

Treasonous against the disenfranchised ROC loving people. Not every ROC citizen wants to become the ROT. Hello its a democracy, 78% of the people don’t support TI.

The referredum failed, we don’t want to increase military spending against PRC. Is CSB listening, we in this democracy are against it.

Hello, nobody listening as usual and politicians just go off doing their own thing.

You wonder why USA voter turn out rate is hovering around 30%. They had 200 years to get jaded to the whole process.

So are you talking about yourself or “your wife”?

I’ve rarely come unto a site where a person is constantly attacked and demonized by a barrage of members simply because they hold a different view.

Of course you wouldn’t believe them. You have your mind made up about China, and that’s what you will hold unto, reguardless of the facts. It is clear that you are not interested in any truth at all. Bend and shape everything to your own beliefs, if you want.

Well, here’s a couple from Jivehen.

You’re completely brainwashed.

While I’ve met my fair share of ignorant Americans, none of them seemed as brainwashed as you.

Hmm… quite interesting. Considering the fact that you have very strong views as to why Taiwan should be independent. Perhaps you should listen to your own advice first, then I’ll consider it.

We all know the aphorism that Mark Twain popularized about statistics. The problem is if they vote for unification/ROT, they face the risk of being bombed.

The referendum that Taiwan held did not touch on the issue of unification/name change. About 90% of the people participated and it split evenly along party lines.

By the way, I remember reading that the last national election in the USA had a 50% turnout. I have a feeling it will be higher this time.

Taichungmafia,

You think given the poor results of the last referendum, which was blatantly advertised as the practice referendum for Taiwan independence due to the immanent threat of PRC invasion, the real thing would fare any better.

The sad part is that Presidential elections have one of the highest percentages of voter turn out. But if you average out voter turn out percentage for all open offices across in the USA the results are quite depression. It like around 30%. So 30% or less of qualified people in a district vote for positions like Congressman, Senator, mayors, governor, assemblyman, city council men, judges, sheriff, etc. in the USA.

[quote=“cheapfujianese”]I’ve rarely come unto a site where a person is constantly attacked and demonized by a barrage of members simply because they hold a different view.

[quote]

Read some of the posts in your own forum :laughing:

Not many people I know in Taiwan would oppose independence if not for that threat. Rapists have a different view from their victims, and are rightly demonized most people. I’m NOT calling you a rapist, but the views you express suggest that you condone the coersive tactics of the PRC, something that I, for one, find intolerable.

I know its highly unlikely, but if all parties could reach some kind of national consensus the vote wouldnt split along party lines. It doesnt matter though as the Taiwanese arent allowed to hold a referendum on anything that affects her own status.

I assumed you meant at the national level when you were speaking of the American election turnout.

Taichungmafia,

Hard as it may be to believe for ardent party supporters, the national consensus is “status quo.” I mean sure both parites want to define “status quo” more in their favor. Green wants “status quo” = eventual independence. Blue wants “status quo” = eventual unification.

Taiwan voter turn out is actually something to be praised. Unfortunately, it is the side show to the main event in Taiwan politics that is totally depressing.

USA is just the reverse. Voter turn out sucks. The side show is entertaining without too many unexpected surprises.

Yes, that seems to be what the Taiwanese want for now. However, one thing that does unite all parties is that they`d like far more international representation. A simple plebiscite on something like joing the WHA as an observer might gain the support of both camps.

[quote=“cheapfujianese”]
I’ve rarely come unto a site where a person is constantly attacked and demonized by a barrage of members simply because they hold a different view. [/quote]No-one invited you to come here. Take it or leave it. Go ahead and slam the door on your way out. That’s always good for a giggle.

Taichungmafia,

A united political front is actually quite advisable for Taiwan to deal with PRC. But local politics in a partisan environment usually gets in the way.

And even if and when we have this effective political front with a common goal, we must pick and choose our points of contention very carefully with the PRC. They quite literally have an overwhelming amount of resources available at their disposal compare to us.

Many outsider observers have already advised us to utilize PRC pro-economic policy to engage the PRC, such as AmCham. Some scholars even advise going after ASEAN participation.

In my opinion no point aggressively devoting resources to WHO and UN membership, since it is quite obvious a waste of resource. Maybe submitting a symbolic application form every year, but nothing more until the environment is more favorable of course.