New website for foreigners in Taiwan

My friends and I put together a site for foreigners in Taiwan.
It’s new and we still want to do a lot of work on it.
Knowing exactly what people find useful and interesting can guide the direction of our reseach and work.
I thought it would be a good idea to ask some new comers to Taiwan to check the site out and let me know if they find it helpful.
The opinions of long-timers will be helpful, too.

www.info4tw.com

Wow, that’s great! It’s just what all us Forumosans have been looking for! A website for foreigners in Taiwan! Thanks! :astonished:

Clean site though.

[quote=“pencil-kid”]
The opinions of old-timers will be helpful, too.

www.info4tw.com[/quote]

OLD timers ? … LONG timers you mean :s

It’s a nice site. I can see the translations section in the hair and the food section being used a lot. I like how there are Chinese characters, pinyin and English. The hair section needs pinyin.

[quote=“belgian pie”][quote=“pencil-kid”]

www.info4tw.com[/quote]

OLD timers ? … LONG timers you mean :s[/quote]

Yes, that one hit my pissed off button as well. I think pencil-kid is a kid.

Site does look good though!

Yeah, but he thinks Taipei IS … well … Taiwan … doesn’t mention my BELGIAN eatery … neither JB’s or the Italian MaMa Mia in Shulin and Xinzhu

Well you can always put it on there.

[quote=“pencil-kid”]My friends and I put together a site for foreigners in Taiwan.
It’s new and we still want to do a lot of work on it.
Knowing exactly what poeple find useful and interesting can guide the direction of our reseach and work.
I thought it would be a good idea to ask some new comers to Taiwan to check the site out and let me know if they find it helpful.

www.info4tw.com[/quote]

I like it! :slight_smile:

If you can keep it both complete and up-to-date, it would certainly be a great source of information for a new-comer.

It must have been a lot of hard work. Congratulations! :bravo:

I don’t know if this here web forum is big enoug for 2 kids :wink:.

It looks nice. Those info lists are useful.

The site does look excellent.
:slight_smile: I can’t wait to start working my way down that restaurant list.

Looks good. I couldvt used that restaurant list yesrterday! where were you then! :slight_smile:

Restaurant list seems to be missing:

Cosmopolitan Grill (Western) 7F, No. 77 Wu Chang St. Sec. 2 Taipei (Excellent food at a reasonable price - some of the best wait staff in Taipei)

and

Lion Foot (Sri Lankan) No. 292 Sec 2 YongHe Rd, Yong He (This place is great - word of warning though for anyone heading there this week - call first as I think it may be closed for the week.) 02 8925 1596

Nice site, very useful, well done! :bravo:

Looks good. Loads quick. Handy helpful topics.
Well presented information on restraunts, etc.
You are aware there is life beyond Taipei?
Good Luck!

Nice so far :slight_smile:!

I lilke it!
:bravo:

Consistent, useful Romanization in the “food translations” section. Well done!

Even though I may be considered an old timer by the kid… I like the site.

Nice work!

Nice, but in a couple spots you seem to get local and foreign confused. The Taiwanese are not foreigners here.

You should add yoga and pools to health.

You should also use more than just links. Like in the phone section, it links phone companies but doesns’t explain the difficulties of getting a phone and how to get through the red tape.

If you are going to use pinyin, you should put tone numbers (just my oppinion since a lot people can’t understand without tones).

You also missed some food ethnicities:
Hong Kong (cantonese)
Taibetan (yumm)
Yama (double yum)

Serioulsy glad offices are open tomorrow.