New Year dining (2022 edition)

Anyone know of any restaurants open Monday or Tuesday – I think they are the two days of the holidays when most things are shut?

Last year was my first CNY spent in Taipei (I usually travel during it) and I hated having to eat fast food for a few days.

I expect most of the Taiwanese places to shut, but anyone know if western restaurants like Brass Monkey or On Tap or similar stay open? Or, anywhere else nice?

KFC is my New Year’s tradition now lmao.

4 Likes

EDIT: On Tap is closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I can’t see info one way or the other about the Brass Monkey. I believe I saw signs at Redpoint last week saying they were closed for at least one of the CNY days.

Here are the hours for the Tianmu Sogo, with the restaurant floors being open both evenings: to me that suggests you’d be fine at most department store restaurants. Although Dingtaifeng is closed.

And have a look in this thread - people were posting in it a couple of years ago. More links inside it. (Mods, maybe even merge.)

1 Like

Amore Pizza in Taipei City’s Gongguan will, I have heard, be open without fail.

Guy

1 Like

No more Italian passport for you! :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Whataya mean? I love indulging in US food. It’s good!

Marco and I live in a town where I couldn’t find any canned diced tomatoes, oregano, or celery today, so a lot of Italian food is pretty much off the menu at the moment anyway.

1 Like

Just kidding you.

Since @lostinasia mentioned Tienmu Sogo, I’d add that Fuxing Sogo will also apparently be open every day. This is helpful as the Joel Robuchon outpost in the B3 level is a great place to pick up bread and take-out items like salmon quiche (made with kampot peppers from Cambodia—wow!) and ham and cheese sandwiches (these guys make their own ham and of course the bread is baked in house). The cost for these culinary wonders? NT$150 and NT$200 respectively. They will have my business—sorry Marco, no KFC for me. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

Then you elevated it to a whole new level. I stuck with good ol’ Ronald McDonald…

1 Like

I’m on a boycott of MCDs

Is there something I should know about? Do I miss something here?

No. I am just boycotting McDonalds for personal reasons

What did the clown do to you? :astonished:

Shitty customer service!

I can’t talk about it.

8 Likes

#thetraumaisreal

2 Likes

@rooftopclown what did you do to @marco !?

Guy

3 Likes

Wasn’t me! That’s my brother @basementclown.

4 Likes

Carrefour, some or all, is only closed New Year Eve at 5pm.

Roast chicken up

2 Likes