New year’s resolutions/goals for 2023

Does anybody have any?

This guy ran a marathon before work every day of 2022.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Over the last couple of years I have tackled and started to achieve success in 3/4 of what I believe to be the most important things to a happy and fulfilling life:

1. Good family life
  2. Fulfilling career with growth potential
  3. Good personal financial situation

In 2023 I hope to tackle number 4:

1. Health

For health I would break it down into four parts:

1. Diet
  2. Exercise
  3. Environment

Environment would be the hardest to change, but I’m already relatively happy with the environmental situation where I live. Perhaps I could improve it with a large air purifier, but I need to do research into how effective they actually are.

5 Likes

You need the whole house systems if you really want to make a big difference.

It’s a filter over a fan. They very work very well in enclosed spaces especially with a real HEPA filter. Like the dehumidifiers used incorrectly here, they act exclusively as a good way to waste energy if you run them with the windows open.

Be aware of auto modes though: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/xiaomi-purifier-auto-mode-leaves-air-unsafe-86-hours/

2 Likes

I was thinking about getting one just for the bedroom, since I can close the door when I spend 5 to 10 hours per day in there. But the research required to learn enough about the different options available to me here looks very boring, so I haven’t done the reading. So I’m still deciding…

New Years Resolution: make a decision about an air purifier and follow through

2 Likes

I hope you can share your research when you do so

1 Like

What’s the fourth?

1. Write complete lists
3 Likes

Leave people wanting more. It is one of the laws of power if I remember correctly. Could be one of the laws of seduction.

3 Likes
  1. Earn $1,000,000NTD for the year
  2. Become a Taiwanese national (and renounce/resume my citizenship before the end of 2023)
  3. Go to a country I’ve never been before
  4. Finish reading the many books I’ve bought but haven’t read yet
6 Likes

I walked into that one then.

1 Like

My resolution was to not argue with the wife so much. Keep the stress levels down.

She just told my daughter to stop reading so many books because it is a waste of time.

It is going to be a long year.

7 Likes

I guess I meant three

1 Like

Jesus wept.

4 Likes

Oh I remember! Number 4 was sleep

4 Likes

To be fair, she wants her to write endless test prep sheets instead of reading, not something ridiculous like make IG videos. I just disagree that reading is a waste of time.

1 Like

That’s not exactly creative, nor conducive to critical thinking.

3 Likes

This year I am following the approach of governments around the world when it comes to energy and environmental policies. My goal is to stop drinking by 2050.

12 Likes

The pledge to stop drinking will be missed by decades charities have warned. The Telegraph

rooftopclown responded by saying that the world is a different place to 2023. New problems call for different solutions. When questioned on his apparent backpedaling, he simply stated that drinking is a serious problem but it cannot be solved overnight.

4 Likes