New year’s resolutions/goals for 2023

I will not be drinking in 2023. If anybody wants to offset their alcohol usage, PM me.

1 Like

I feel for you. Reading enlarges her vocabulary which turns to higher grades than meaningless, contextless practice sheets. And makes learning enjoyable. But it is hard to break patterns. Sigh.

2 Likes
  1. Danish death cleaning for the apartment. Hopefully before LNY.

Can elliptical machines be recycled?

1. Cook more. Hopefully keto but at least start from 3 meals a week.

2. Visit the folks more often. That means saving aggressively.

3. Read more. Read a variety of topics in several languages.

4. Keep on and increase online studies.

6 Likes

Sell it

It does not work. Cats used it as jumping jack to get to the top of the cupboard and broke the control panel.

1 Like

See if someone on the Buy Nothing facebook group has a use for it. There are a few people who can fix things.

3 Likes

#1: Simply ignore cretins who write “lol” or “haha” in posts.
#2: Don’t read anything in the religion or politics threads.
#3: Steer clear of imbeciles who don’t know the difference between plural and possessive nouns.
#4: People who write “we” instead of “I” or “me”. Just fuck off.

Zing !

I just did that in another thread. Haha

1 Like

I still love you. :heart:

I’m just a vessel. Lol

1. Watch my negative thoughts and words. Catch myself when I’m doing this. Stop. And replace my thinking and words with thanks for all the good things in my life.
  2. Be a more patient and kind dad and husband.
  3. Sub 26:30 on 1500m swim. Prove to myself that age is not a barrier.
8 Likes

If that kind of thing gets you worked up, perhaps your New Year’s resolution should be to see a therapist

2 Likes

Haha

1 Like

Don’t you DARE fix jimbo!

1 Like

If I can get under 26:30 on my 1500m swim, it will make me think age is just a number. (But my creaky knees on my hike will remind me of my delusion.)

1 Like

The new year coincides with the upcoming US tax season. It usually picks up mid February. During this time I work 70+ hours per week (7 days a week). I have to have a plan, or I could gain 5-10kg that I spend the rest of the year shedding.
Rules to live by during tax season:

-No drinking at home, you want a beer, go out.
-You’ve got time for 5k a day or an hour of yoga or weights. Five days a week minimum
-naps are okay. Watch your cortisol level
-order macro-friendly prepped food. It’s only for two month$
-get maid service

8 Likes
  • Eat healthier
  • Hike more 百岳/Top 100 Peaks (Taiwan)
  • Somehow get enough time to spend a week or two traveling around Taiwan by train and visiting my friends all over the island
  • Start visiting some of the islands.
4 Likes

Write like a teenager sending text messages, expect to be spoken to like one.

Or a new year’s resolution to embrace Buddhist philosophy