New Years Eve 2003-2004

So what’s going on in Taipei this year?

Last year we saw Paul Oakenfold. I was surprised at how few were there!

no you didnt…you saw sasha…oakie was earlier in the year…this year’s pick lj bukem (sp) at luxy

bear, you are right. Sasha was on New Years not Oaikie cokie.
How is Luxy? I’ve never been!

no big surprise sasha didn’t pull many people…#1…the tix were expensive…#2 the party didn’t go all night like a party at a real club…3#too many different places to go…#4(my opinion - sasha and jokenfold just plain suck)

luxy is a great place…nice location(right in the tonglin bldg on chunghsiao east road)…huge venue, about 2 times the size of Kiss La Boca(anyone remember the last time they partied there?)…hard to fill, but its usually packed to the rafters for special events…hip hop in the main room, guest djs(usually electronica) in the 2nd room…and a chill out lounge upstairs

luxy-taipei.com

theres a new place in town called club purple…not the most inspiring name…but they got good line ups…

purple.club.tw/

disco/house/tech house…on good party nites…fri&sat…hope theres no trance there

-chris

I guess I won’t be going to any of those…

Bumpy

We’re getting closer…

So what’s everyone up to on this coming night? Just curios. Don’t worry I wont come looking for you with my dogs.

most of the DJs are here in States throwing big parties in LA, Vegas, SF…

A small gathering of friends in my home. I plan to get drunk.

Firecrackers? Not up where I live.

It’s a big job just gettin’ by with nine kids and a wife
I been a workin’ man dang near all my life
I’ll be working long as my two hands are fit to use
I’ll drink my beer in a tavern,
Sing a little bit of these working man blues

I keep my nose on the grindstone, I work hard every day
Might get a little tired on the weekend, after I draw my pay
But I’ll go back workin, come Monday morning I’m right back with the crew
I’ll drink a little beer that evening,

Hey hey, the working man, the working man like me
I ain’t never been on welfare, that’s one place I won’t be
Cause I’ll be working long as my two hands are fit to use
I drink a little beer in a tavern

Sometimes I think about leaving, do a little bummin around
I wanna throw my bills out the window catch a train to another town
But I go back working I gotta buy my kids a brand new pair of shoes
Yeah drink a little beer in a tavern,
Cry a little bit of these working man blues

Hey hey, the working man, the working man like me
I ain’t never been on welfare, that’s one place I won’t be
Cause I’ll be working long as my two hands are fit to use
I drink a little beer in a tavern
Yeah drink a little beer in a tavern,
Cry a little bit of these working man blues

OK! We are getting REALLY close to the big night!
I wish Carl was coming to Taiwan!

It will be an exciting time this year’s eve at my house as I toast the new year with a fresh cup of coffee so I can continue writing a proposal that is due next Monday. Yahoo!

does anybody know of any open-air massive drunken orgies on new years eve in taipei? or any indoor massive drunken orgies? and something with little or no cover charge where you can BYOB. all the better if it’s a punk rock party.

Speaking of getting …

75 terms for being drunk

full / bombed / off your face / wellied / bladdered / in your cups / half-seas over / legless / ratted / happy / sotted / boozed up / mellow / shit-faced / fuddled / smashed / blasted / paralytic / wrecked / tight / juiced / tipsy / pissed as a newt / clobbered / totalled / worse for wear / como

You forgot “Boris Yeltsined”.

anything going on tomorrow night?

one word…luxy…be there or be a sifangxing

luxy…the place to be…then other places later on for more fun…

…course…i remember way back in the day when we used have a great time at KISS LA BOCA for new years…but that was years ago…

-chris

Stevieboy, I just thought I would let you know that I saw Carl Cox play alongside Ben Sims just a couple of weeks ago in Melbourne, Australia. Great night!! I am heading over to Taiwan at the end of January. Do you get many big name DJs playing in Taiwan?? I am more into house music these days but still appreciate some of the harder stuff and grew up listening to Carl Cox when I used to live in London. On New Years Day I will be going to a big outdoor music event called Summadayze here in Melbourne. Some of the DJs playing include Derrick Carter, Bob Sinclar and Groove Armada. It should be a great day. Erick

Will tickets be available at the door for Luxy? Who knows we might end up there!

Erick, Carl is the man. Jealous you saw him. I’ve seen a few good DJs in Taiwan…Paul Van Dyk, Sasha, and Oakenfold.

Paul played the best set by far!