New year's resolution

Doesn’t matter if I’m making 30k a month or 120k a month. From cheque to cheque I’m broke.
So I resolve to put all my focus into saving money this year.
And I resolve to go to a Chinese dentist!

I resolve to take a vacation. Haven’t taken one in a long, ong time.

I resolve to finally go to Alleycat’s. :slight_smile:

Happy New year. I resolve to go to bed now.

I quit smoking (after 20 years a slave) 4 years ago. Today I’ll quit drinking (after 30 years a slave)…
Well, sheet. These last minute ideas are often the best, especially to the autistic. It’s more like coming off medication than giving up a vice.

I will spend less time teaching my office mates American slang so that I may spend more time learning Chinese. I believe me trying to say “green” and “road” in Mandarin is much more entertaining to them than I am entertained by explaining terms such as “up chuck”, “spew”, “hurl”, “technicolor yawn”, “eating backwards”, “ralph” and “yak”.

I will spend more time teaching my 9 y.o. daughter how to play the guitar, the importance of a I-IV-V chord progression, the evil of pop music, the beauty of the derivative and the anti-derivative, how the internal combustion engine works, why mosquitoes are a necessary evil and the fundamentals of D.C. electricity.

I will spend more time teaching my soon to be 4 y.o. daughter that her English is not so good that she should be correcting the English spoken by her Taiwanese friends, most letters of the alphabet, all the numerals (both Arabic and Roman), better mouse control such that she no longer inadvertantly removes applications from the dock which makes life for her sister very difficult, all the words to “Santa Clause is Coming to Town” and a trick to coloring so you can more easily stay in the lines.

I will call my wife during the day just to say hi and not ask what’s for dinner, watch the kids so she can take a nap or two on weekends, take out the garbage and not pester her every time a new smartphone comes on the market.

That should just about do it other than the 10 pounds I’ve added since moving here. What’s the deal with all the snacking in the office? Man, these folks have the munchies way worse than the frat boys back in college…

Later,
Rob.

PS - Happy New Year kids, hope it turns out well for all.

NP - You’ll Be Mine, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Soul to Soul

[quote=“mod lang”]Get drunk.

Get laid.

Not necessarily in that order.[/quote]

So far, so good, I’ve lived up to half of my resolutions and it’s only the first day of the new year. And it wasn’t the “get drunk” part, either. :smiley: Well, this year seems to be starting out on a good note, for a change.

[quote=“mod lang”][quote=“mod lang”]Get drunk.

Get laid.

Not necessarily in that order.[/quote]

So far, so good, I’ve lived up to half of my resolutions and it’s only the first day of the new year. And it wasn’t the “get drunk” part, either. :smiley: Well, this year seems to be starting out on a good note, for a change.[/quote]

Don’t worry, I lived up to the first part of your resolution for you … as for the second part, I’m gonna have to wait until this evening. :laughing:

…to stop making New Year’s Resolutions.

(Someone was going to say it anyway.)

Yes. I think we tend to put too much pressure on ourselves by making unreasonable and overly ambitious resolutions.

Would you explain this to me, too? :blush:

Happy New Year.

To not overstay any visas.

I am going to give up pretending I am capable of saving money and oreoaring for the future. I resolve to be penniless and have a crap job in 2005.

Would you explain this to me, too? :blush:

Happy New Year.[/quote]

Mosquitoes were put on this earth because those of us who tie flies need some way to use the handful of white moose hairs that invariably show up in a patch of black moose hairs. The pattern uses a black and white moose hair wrapped simultaneously around the body. When tied off, the body looks like it has concentric alternating black and white circles, much like a real skeeter. It’s a fun pattern to tie but doesn’t catch trout worth a damn.

Later,
Rob.

NP - Flexible Strategies, The Police, Message In A Box - The Complete Recordings