Newbie question

I want to get out of Korea and try Taipei…should I come over and set myself up and then find a job or is it better to have a job beforehand…any help would be appreciated.

Depends how adventurous you are. Do you get a rush moving to a foreign land with no idea if you can support yourself? Or would you rather know that you have work and have one less thing to worry about? To each it’s own. Either way I wish you the best of luck!

It’s much better to get here, look around, see where you want to live and check out employers before agreeing to anything. If you have some money, you would be doing yourself a favour by not taking jobs sight unseen, in places you’ve never been, and/or putting your trust in often unscrupulous recruiters.

why not put up an ad…tell about yourself and your skills and experience, and wait for some enterprising buxiban owner to recruit you. :slight_smile:

Preferably one that can spell :smiling_imp:

Preferably one that can spell :smiling_imp:[/quote]

It must suck to only have time to make sarcastic remarks…but thanks anyway… :slight_smile:

It must suck to only have time to make sarcastic remarks…but thanks anyway… :slight_smile:[/quote]

As one lamp serves to dispel a thousand years of darkness, so one flash of wisdom destroys ten thousand years of ignorance

• Hui-Neng

It must suck to only have time to make sarcastic remarks…but thanks anyway… :slight_smile:[/quote]

As one lamp serves to dispel a thousand years of darkness, so one flash of wisdom destroys ten thousand years of ignorance

• Hui-Neng[/quote]

Chewy, how about “You don’t have to blow out my candle to make yours burn brighter.”