Next available Dentist appointment guesses

Tomorrow. The brits don’t believe in dental work.

December 8th, 2026. Coincidentally the same date mandatory quarantine upon arrival ends in Taiwan!

3 Likes

Half-mouth free teeth cleaning on December 25th, 2025.

2 Likes

We believe in it, just can’t get an appointment within 6 months, or you pay 10x the price and go private. You’ll never see a broke Dentist in the uk.

Just had a cleaning a few days ago. Cost 100 NTD with my insurance. :tooth:

I remember that a regular dental cleaning in the US would have cost at least USD $60 with insurance.

Such a scam. What do they actually do beside scrape the plaque and brush your teeth?

we pay 150nt in the hospital. granted they usually do a very poor and rough job. sometimes wonder if they are actually removing enamels and just creating some job security.

1 Like

My dentist in London is good as far as I can tell.

I once had a wisdom tooth removed in Shalu. The lights failed. The water was pumped in by foot. It cost 150nt. I was just expected back at work the same day. Job done.

Did that dentist have a gift shop where you could buy necklaces of human teeth?

1 Like

He didn’t even have a front door mate.

Still not had my dentist appointment. Long way off yet.

Any experience with getting braces done for kids (teenagers) in Taiwan? Walk into any dentist or need to shop around?

How are your teeth? if it’s this long, considered finding a different dentist?

pretty rich coming from a person that is still waiting for appointment I think 14 for the same tooth haha.

The UK as a whole has a massive backlog… with everything, it seems.

Cos half of us are on Forumosa talking shite

Yellowish, chipped, growing at odd angles. Typical London teeth. Nothing wrong with them, they just won’t win any awards.

None. Good luck with your search. Maybe ask a local parent for advice?

1 Like

So, has it happened yet?

I’m guessing you went private.

I’m paying about 1200 yen for a full clean every three months here in Japan. with mandatory insurance (which is linked to your income rate).

1 Like

Where’s this?

Taichung?

7QP26HQP+45 Google maps

A dentist without a front door in Taichung? What decade are we talking here?

1 Like

Maybe it’s the Shalu in India. I’d believe that.

1 Like

Don’t really need water for a wisdom tooth extraction either. After the needle it’s just forceps, wack in some gauze and off you go. And where I come from, you would be expected back in the office afterwards. :facepunch: #htfu