Next page function bustimacated

It seems as if the ‘next page’ or page 2 function doesn’t work a lot of the time I use it. It typically happens when I check any new posts and the new posts run into more than one page. I click the link at the bottom of the page that says next page and then I get a message saying something like ‘nothing matched my search criteria’. For this reason I have begun clicking the ‘2’ of page two link and that usually works, but today neither of them work.

That’s usually if something has changed before you get to page two, especially if you reply to something on page one. It’s very annoying for sure, especially if you have 3 days of stuff to catch up on or something, cos there’s no other way to access this really.

I find the only workaround it to open all of the pages in different tabs first, then go through the individual threads after that.

Switching to IE works. Using FF gives me this problem. Baffling and very annoying. I’m looking for FF’s IE plug-in to see if this is a work-around … Anyone know it?

[quote=“irishstu”]I find the only workaround it to open all of the pages in different tabs first, then go through the individual threads after that.[/quote]I do that, though I also sometimes just re-click on the “new” button immediately before clicking on the page 2 one. That works too.

Really? Clicking on that “New” button can be a death sentence for me. Quite often comes back with no results, even though clearly there are many. And then it’s too late…

No topics or posts met your search criteria

ditto

O.K. I’m using FF so that may be the problem.

Usually bustimacated for me too now. That just happened recently. I wonder whether any settings on the site have changed, as I haven’t changed anything in Firefox.

i don’t have that problem, but i keep getting the message “you can’t make another search so soon after your last one” when i use the back button to go back to new posts after i have opened one thread. so i keep the New posts page in one tab and make a new tab for each thread i read. but then of course it doesnt update…

safari on MacOSX

Wow, it’s not working at all in FF now. I didn’t change anything either. I hope I haven’t missed any important posts.

Yup. Came back after the weekend to 4 pages of new posts. Can only see the first page, so apologies if there are any death threats or whatever in the restaurants or food forum. I can’t see them.
It’s absolutely infuriating!

[quote=“sandman”]Yup. Came back after the weekend to 4 pages of new posts. Can only see the first page, so apologies if there are any death threats or whatever in the restaurants or food forum. I can’t see them.
It’s absolutely infuriating![/quote]It still works for me if I’m really quick. Click the “new” then straight down to page 2. Even then, sometimes it takes it takes a couple of goes. Quite frustrating.