Next stop: Pakistan?

Add this to Karzai’s warnings that the Afghan National Army will pursue the Taliban over the Pakistani border and we’ll soon have a much larger war on our hands. And I thought the next stop was Tehran.

[quote=“Eric Margolis”]The killing of 11 Pakistani soldiers by U.S. air and artillery strikes last week shows just how quickly the American-led war in Afghanistan is spreading into neighbouring Pakistan.

Attacks by U.S. aircraft, Predator hunter-killer drones, U.S. Special Forces and CIA teams have been rising steadily inside Pakistan’s autonomous Pashtun tribal area known by the acronym, FATA.

“We just need to occupy Pakistan’s tribal territory,” insists the Pentagon, “to stop its Pashtun tribes from supporting and sheltering Taliban.” But a U.S.-led invasion of FATA simply will push pro-Taliban Pashtun militants deeper into Pakistan’s Northwest Frontier province, drawing western troops ever deeper into Pakistan. Already overextended, western forces will be stretched even thinner and clashes with Pakistan’s tough regular army may be inevitable. [/quote]

Article

Karzai’s effectively the mayor of Kabul. The Afghan army’s been getting better, but would likely roll over even for any of the warlords strong enough to be a minister in the Afghan gov’t. I’m sure the Pakistanis are shaking in their boots.

Didn’t Obama say he would do that too?

No arguments there. If the Afghan National Army were any good they wouldn’t need us.

Ok, I know you’re being sarcastic, but that’s just the point: The Pakistanis are not shaking in their boots. Certainly, the Taliban have been violating Pakistani borders with their comings and goings, but how long do you thing the Pakistanis will roll over vis-a-vis Afghan / US / NATO troops start pursuing the Taliban into Pakistan?

[quote=“Dr Zoidberg”]Ok, I know you’re being sarcastic, but that’s just the point: The Pakistanis are not shaking in their boots. Certainly, the Taliban have been violating Pakistani borders with their comings and goings, but how long do you thing the Pakistanis will roll over vis-a-vis Afghan / US / NATO troops start pursuing the Taliban into Pakistan?[/quote]The Pakistanis don’t control the northern tribal area, and that’s where the Afghans/ NATO troops would be headed. So I don’t know how much noise they’d make about it. Some, as they’ve certainly not been happy since another American top gun dropped a bomb on the wrong guys… but having failed to take control of the area themselves… :idunno:

We don’t control our arctic territories either, but I bet an armed incursion by a coalition of foreign troops would have even the most ardent Torontocentric Liberal pacifist foaming at the mouth - especially if some of those troops were American.

Taking the war into Pakistan, and hopefully containing the Taliban there, would allow more progress to be made building Afghanistan; but it’s a dangerous move and things have a way of getting out of hand, especially when villagers are getting fragged by errant, American bombs.

Be that as it may, it will be interesting to watch this all play out.

It’s a nice idea, yet all this talk of armed incursion into Pakistan just ain’t gonna happen.
There is no way in hades that the Pakistani military [especially the ISI, which has effectively ruled the country for half of it’s modern history] would let NATO anywhere near Waziristan.
As they’ve got their mitts in the whole kit & keboodle…

Am currently in Balochistan, right near the Iran/Afghhan border…The Frontier Corps done seem to be worried about the Taliban so much down here, but they do have run ins with smugglers from time to time. Gun runners use the same road that passes our location, but they thankfully havent attacked the camp yet.
Its pretty hostile country, cant see how anyone could survive out here.

Next stop Iran. At the present time, there are four countries left that do not have a Rothschild controlled central bank. They are Cuba, Sudan, North Korea, and Iran. The previous two countries that did not have a controlled central bank were Afganistan and Iraq. Simple enough for you?

“Simple”.

Yes.

An apt description. :laughing:

[quote=“Highway Star”]Am currently in Balochistan, right near the Iran/Afghhan border…The Frontier Corps done seem to be worried about the Taliban so much down here, but they do have run ins with smugglers from time to time. Gun runners use the same road that passes our location, but they thankfully havent attacked the camp yet.
Its pretty hostile country, cant see how anyone could survive out here.[/quote]What the hell are you doing there?

“Simple”.

Yes.

An apt description. :laughing:[/quote]
Seconded!

So it's all just one simple worldwide Jewish conspiracy then?
Fuckin' A!
How convenient!

wildcard:
What i really wanna know, is: 
How is that the fiendishly overt Jewish-Nazi-Alien-Commie conspiracy lets some simple folks such as youse under the wire? Are they being sloppy, or do they want to muddy the waters? A bit of both?

If the Beast was half as ravenously malevolent as you make out, you would have been digested long ago. Same with all the other "brave" souls that you seek to idolate.
You compare the Shao-Bush regime to that of Hitler?
How utterly sophomoric!
Please tell me English is a second language to you, and I will apologize for all my linguistic badgering!
In the meantime, do you seriously propose that Little Bush has massacred his own people? 
That he's holed up in a bunker, prepared to sacrifice decades of progress, over some drug-fueled purity laws?
I think the horse you done rid in on, 
is out to pasture.....
Y'ken?

“Simple”.

Yes.

An apt description. :laughing:[/quote]
Seconded!

So it's all just one simple worldwide Jewish conspiracy then?
Fuckin' A!
How convenient!

wildcard:
What i really wanna know, is: 
How is that the fiendishly overt Jewish-Nazi-Alien-Commie conspiracy lets some simple folks such as youse under the wire? Are they being sloppy, or do they want to muddy the waters? A bit of both?

If the Beast was half as ravenously malevolent as you make out, you would have been digested long ago. Same with all the other "brave" souls that you seek to idolate.
You compare the Shao-Bush regime to that of Hitler?
How utterly sophomoric!
Please tell me English is a second language to you, and I will apologize for all my linguistic badgering!
In the meantime, do you seriously propose that Little Bush has massacred his own people? 
That he's holed up in a bunker, prepared to sacrifice decades of progress, over some drug-fueled purity laws?
I think the horse you done rid in on, 
is out to pasture.....
Y'ken?[/quote]

I think I am well informed enough to voice my opinion.  What i'd like to know is why do my veiws and opinions upset you so much that you can only resort to badgering.

because you are so limp-wristed that you can only parrot, even from such as I.
badgering, indeed…
Because you speak like an immigrant with a prior prejudice.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that!

And a fucking forked tongue!
Now, there is something most certainly wrong with that!

I ask you again, is English-Canadian your mother tongue?
I’m afraid this really is the crux of the biscuit!
I only ask because I spent almost nine years of my life defending the likes of you to stand behind that flag that you show to the rest of us. If you are francophone, I know the score.

If Not, you are just one sick, sour puppy!

I’m coming home for a visit soon.
You sound like you live in Toronto.
Let’s hook up for a discussion.
I’ll show you my combat scars, and you can show me yours.

Whaddaya Say?

And I'll take this moment to fucking congratulate the 3 or four companies [i.e reinforced platoons] of Canadian troops that helped the 3 or 4 battalions [i.e. understrength regiments]  of Afghan troops move the bad guys on out of their spiritual birthplace.
We know who they are, but let's not unit info trickle on down?

:Canada:

Whoa…chill man. I didn’t say anything about going home and I am from nowhere near Taranna. You got scares? Wow!I’m almost impressed.Betcha I got more. Anywho,I will continue to express my views to the best of my ability and I apologize if I fail to meet your standards. Have a good trip.

So you’re reliable, not a fade away, when it comes to a square-go?

And on the other side of that very same coin,
Thanks for the sentiment.
Be advised that proposing one’s views/ belief is all very well. Yet, there’s a weak delivery if one’s diction is not wired in tight. This ain’t no chat room. Didn’t your poli sci prof tell you that poor grammar & punctuation will only dilute what it is you want to say?
Seriously.

What? Are you challenging me to fight?

[quote]
I think I am well informed enough to voice my opinion. What I’d like to know is why do my veiws and opinions upset you so much that you can only resort to badgering.[/quote]
The fact that you can’t see why people get upset at your views shows that you view the world from an inter-rectal perspective.

[quote=“Surly”][quote]
I think I am well informed enough to voice my opinion. What I’d like to know is why do my veiws and opinions upset you so much that you can only resort to badgering.[/quote]
The fact that you can’t see why people get upset at your views shows that you view the world from an inter-rectal perspective.[/quote]

This is getting silly. There should be a troll forum on this site as not to disrtact from the topic at hand.

Then how would you post?