NFL Playoffs

Well, we are just a few hours away from the start of the playoffs. The games will be on ESPN as usual and many of the games are available in English if you have Secondary Audio Program on your TV (or VCR if it is hooked up.)

I am not as confident as last year regarding my Pats, but Brady is 9-0 in the postseason and he doesn’t make mistakes. I don’t expect much of a problem from the Jags in the cold in New England, but with a likely second round trip to Indianapolis looming, I am hoping Peyton is as futile against the Patriots in the playoffs in the dome as he has been in snow and cold in Foxboro!

The other games this weekend are:

Carolina at New York Giants (go with the other Manning and the G-men here)
Pittsburgh at Cincy (the wildcard team is the favorite against their own division champ, and I believe with good reason)
Washington at Tampa Bay (another division champ that is in trouble if the absolute demolition given by the PATS three weeks ago is any indication.)

I’m starting to get really sick of this Taiwanese announcer saying Corey DEE-lon. For the love of God, can’t you pronounce a short i?

Hopefully next week we’ll be hearing “Peyton Manning又截攔!” (i.e. Peyton intercepted again!) a lot once again in the playoffs.

An interesting first week.

The Pats Def looked pretty good and if I were Denver I would be a bit worried.

Carolina and Chicago is going to be an ugly game. Watch ESPN hype it all week. :unamused:

The Steelers really put it to the Bengals. They need to get an early lead against the Colts and then just keep it on the ground.

I think there is some yahoo posting around here with that cheesy yellow Pittsburgh towel in his sig area…must be a real loser. :laughing:

Eli Manning…maybe next year, you putz.

The 'skins are going to have to play better offensively if they are going to have a chance against the the 'hawks.

[quote=“alidarbac”]I’m starting to get really sick of this Taiwanese announcer saying Corey DEE-lon. For the love of God, can’t you pronounce a short i?

Hopefully next week we’ll be hearing “Peyton Manning又截攔!” (i.e. Peyton intercepted again!) a lot once again in the playoffs.[/quote]

Are you sure he is Taiwanese? I watch some soccer with the Mandarin announcers (because English for some reason isn’t available, and one of the announcers has an annoyingly strong Beijing accent and he uses Chinese usage, not Taiwanese.)

I didn’t hear it though because I had it set on Secondary Audio Program and heard Madden and Co. call the Pats game in English.

[quote=“Durins Bane”]An interesting first week.

The Pats Def looked pretty good and if I were Denver I would be a bit worried.
.[/quote]

OK, I know we Pats fans have been spoiled over the past four years, but I was not all that satisfied with the defense. The Jags stopped themselves a few times with poor play selection. The D did give up 292 yards. You know Denver is going to be tougher to stop than the Jags. Still, I am glad the Pats are going to Denver for this one. Going outdoors against a fellow cold weather team will be good for the Pats to try to get their game in synch before having to face the track team in Indy.

There is also a decent chance that Tedy Bruschi will be back, and that will help. As an AFC guy, I am glad it is the AFC games that are on TV this coming weekend.

Well, with all the playoff records the Pats set this weekend (five), what is the encore going to be?

Here are my pedictions for the rest of the playoffs:
This week
Seattle 35 Washington 14
Denver 21 New England 14 (I pick this cuz N.E. secondary is busted up and Jake the Snake Plummer will own them)
Indy 45 Pittspuke 42 in OT
Carolina 7 Da Bears 3 (The QB situation in Chicago will kill them)

Championchip Games

Seattle 21 Carolina 17
Indy 35 Denver 7

Super Bowl
Indy 24 Seattle 21

Though I’m so sad that my boys the Cleveland Browns aren’t in it but there is always next year is stupid Kellen Winslow Jr doesn’t get on a motorcycle. Dumb*ss

[quote=“surrenr”]
Though I’m so sad that my boys the Cleveland Browns aren’t in it but there is always next year is stupid Kellen Winslow Jr doesn’t get on a motorcycle. Dumb*ss[/quote]

That and not trading your entire starting def line away. :wink:

Well, only part of that is true about the defensive line. Gerald Warren was the only descent player there. The rest were garbage.

Classic!

break.com/index/pic237130.html