Nhl 2009/ 2010

I am enjoying Kessel in a Leafs uniform.

With Carolina playing in the NHL, at least the Leafs won’t finish dead last!

Yeah, Kessel looks good with Toronto. His return from injury seems to have provided them with a bit of a spark too. It’s still going to be rocky roads in Leaf Nation this year, but they are interesting to watch.

I’m lovin’ my Islanders right now. Playing very decent hockey. They’ll likely be dealing Marty Biron once DiPietro is back, which amazingly isn’t too far off anymore. If they can find a way to add a top six winger, they might end up being a pretty good threat this year. Wouldn’t hurt to add another decent defenseman too, but what team wouldn’t like to add one?

A little more than 30 games into the NHL season, and almost at the Christmas mid-point, I’m LOVING the fact that both the Flyers and Raggies are below the Islanders in the Atlantic Division standings. LOVING IT!
:yay:

I am confused with washington being top of league. Growing up a caps fan, success is hard to imagine.

Also totally happy with the flyers nosedive. I hate that team so much.

Pretty surprising to see the Flyers sucking so bad with all that talent on their roster. Rumor has it a big shake up is coming Fri regardless of how they do against the Pens on Thur.

I get a chuckle about the flyers because they picked up pronger. You have no idea how many bandwagon fans were screaming for the caps to trade for pronger last year. “Give up Varlamov, Semin, and a draft pick, we NEED pronger”. It seemed like he was the second coming of hockey jesus.

So glad Caps didn’t drink that koolaid. Especially since I watched pronger look helpless compared to the DC offense during the last rout.

Wow, this thread is rather dead.

Congrats to Teemu Selanne for scoring goal number 600 in his Ducks game vs. the Avalanche. One more to tie his boyhood idol Jari Kurri.

He’s been great for Anaheim, but I’ll always remember Teemu “the Finnish Flash” Selanne as a Winnipeg Jet after that amazing rookie season he had way back when.

Eh too much hockey and too little time to discuss :slight_smile:

Anybody else watching Caps v Pens weds morning? Pens and Flyers are my favorite teams to see play against the caps.

[quote=“djlowballer”]Eh too much hockey and too little time to discuss :slight_smile:

Anybody else watching Caps v Pens weds morning? Pens and Flyers are my favorite teams to see play against the caps.[/quote]
I’ll check some of that out. Very possible East Conf final matchup.

It was a great game.

My heart skipped a beat when Knuble was sent out for the shootout though. Some of my friends call it a pity move because Guerin was allowed, but Bruce Boudreau Is calling it his gut choice. I can’t believe M.A.F. was bested by a head fake and a blast from a grinder.

Playoff bound teams are slowly getting sorted out as the last two weeks of regular season action approach. The West looks pretty set, especially with the Flames losing to the Isles last night. The East is still a bit iffy with Atlanta and now the Rags making a late push to squeak in. I think they’ll both fall a bit short though. Boston is playing better these days despite losing to Tampa last night. Even Philly and the Habs could find themselves on the outs if they don’t keep pace down the stretch. Great time of year for NHL action.

Meh season is over for me. Caps clinched conference, and will most likely clinch presidents. I am pulling for ATL to make it as the 8th seed, that would be an entertaining series for round 1. I also hope the Pens can clinch 2, only because I want the rematch from last year to be for the conference.

Welp…this season has been great :smiley:

It’s not over yet!

I’m waiting patiently for the Rangers to get eliminated from post-season contention. If it doesn’t happen I might vomit violently. Several times.

Finally, and whew! It took the final game of the regular season to finalize the playoff teams, and with my Islanders out of the mix a week or so ago, I was just waiting somewhat impatiently and nervously for the Rags to get eliminated. Thank you Flyers! They got it done in a winner-takes-all final game against the pretenders from Manhattan 2-1 in the shootout. Good drama.

The always exciting NHL playoffs await!

k.k., I’m happy the Rangers are out of it for your sake.

Seems like all the pundits are taking the Pens over my Sens. And why wouldn’t they? But with a good showing from Alfie and Spezza, there’s a glimmer of hope. :pray:

Yeah, thank god Philly got the job done.

Sadly, I think your Sens are gonna get swept by the Pens. I hate to say it, but a lot of the success in Ottawa this year was smoke and mirrors. You look up and down that roster and it is a wonder they finished where they did.

k.k., I hope your prediction of my Sens is accurate as your regular season prediction. :wink:

[quote=“sjcma”]k.k., I hope your prediction of my Sens is accurate as your regular season prediction. :wink:
[/quote]
:laughing:

Good point. So far so good in game one, 4-2 Sens after 2.