NHL Playoffs

I know we can’t watch any hockey in Taiwan, but I can’t be the only hockey fan here.

I am delighted that the Bruins are finally exacting revenge on our hated rivals from Montreal. 2-0 series lead going into Montreal, and Boston had a better road record than home record. Time to exorcise some demons.

BTW, for anyone who is interested. Any NHL game can be listened to online by logging into the ESPN website, clicking on the “listen to” link in the “scores” page for the NHL and click on your game.

Andrew Raycroft is great! If he keeps this up he could win the Calder trophy as the best rookie. Even though the playoffs don’t count towards the trophy but I think it does. For some reason Montreal’s offense just disappeared. Kovalev isn’t doing much either.

[quote=“sticks of fury”]
Andrew Raycroft is great! If he keeps this up he could win the Calder trophy as the best rookie. Even though the playoffs don’t count towards the trophy but I think it does. For some reason Montreal’s offense just disappeared. Kovalev isn’t doing much either.[/quote]

It sounds it. I haven’t been able to see it except for the occasional highlights on CNN World Sport and the local Taiwan ESPN Sportscenter. I hear on the webcast/radio broadcast and the descriptions are great.

He should win the Caulder in my mind. I can’t think of another rookie who has meant as much to his team as Raycroft has. Hopefully he can do what Roy did for Les Habitants way back in his rookie year!!!

GO B’S!!!

btw Espn now has espn motion and you can get NHL and other highlights that run at a good video speed. Video size is out 640x640. If you are starving to watch hockey but can’t get any this is the best thing. Download espn motion on to your computer and go to the nhl page and move the page to the right and enlarge the video and voila. It’s like having espn sportscenter on your computer.

If you’re in Taipei, you might want to check out a sports bar called the Brass Monkey. They’ve had a lot of the games on and you can find the schedule on their website.

brassmonkeytaipei.com

Wouldn’t normally go out of my way to help a Bruins fan, but hey, we’re in Taipei after all!

Go Habs!

Cheers,
CK