NIA Office Moved to Zhonghe

For anyone living in New Taipei City that needs to get or renew their ARC it’s not in Banqiao on Mintzu Rd. anymore. It’s down a few streets and around a few corners in the middle of Zhonghe now. Add: No. 135 MinAn St. Maybe everyone here knows the office moved already and i’m the only one clueless, but i thought i would give a heads up

Why would they move to the middle of no where? :doh:

I didn’t see any English language explanation of this, but according to the following page, the move was done at the end of July.
immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xI … 66&mp=S003

Thank you for the heads up.

Basically because their previous offices were not fit for man or beast.

Really, that building was not fit for the amount of traffic they have, nor it complied with government regulations, especially regarding air conditioning, emergency exists, facilities for women -and they have quite a number of pregnant women asking for their services. I hope the new facilities are more up to standards. It must have been hell working there -I think I mentioned it to the lady upstairs and they embarrasingly accepted the facilities were unsuitable.

If anyone can put a google maps link or something, plus transportation tips, it will be much appreciated.

EDIT:
Geesh, according to Google, it is really in the middle of nowhere, far far from MRT, in a non descript alley. Whiskey Tango Hotel?!

Be careful now, that’s my 'hood you’re bad-mouthing! I’ll have you know it’s a very modern and convenient place. We have electricity and indoor plumbing now.

The Taiwanease directory has the new address and phone number, with a map.

To get there by public transport, you have two decent options, with the Fuzhong way being quicker:

From Jing’an MRT (orange line), take the Orange 5, 1073, or 1080 bus. The Orange 5 is a bit quicker, but it’s not as frequent. Get off the bus on Yuanshan Road at the stop after Jisui Elementary (there’s an 85 Degrees coffee shop there as you alight). That puts you at the crossroads of Yuanshan Road, Minle Road, and Min’an Street. Walk down Min’an Street and Bob’s your uncle.

From Fuzhong MRT (blue line) walk a minute out of the station and turn right on Zhongshan until you get to the bus stop (it’s close). Take the 667 bus to the Guoguang stop. Keep walking in the same direction as the bus was travelling, and take the first left onto Minxiang Street Lane 92. 150 metres down that street it becomes Min’an Street and the office is right there.

Icon’s right that the old offices were not fit for purpose. Hopefully the new facilities are much better.

You can also take 307 from Banqiao station to get to Jisui Elementary. The office is about a 10 minute walk from the Jisui stop if you feel like hoofin it the rest of the way. In my experience sometimes 1073 and 1080 take a while to come around where as 307 comes often. Bus 57 also goes by there and is frequent if you’re coming from Yongan mkt station

So where the HELL is this place? Where’s the nearest parking? You cannot seriously be telling me I have to get on a fecking BUS? No WAY! :ohreally:

Why can’t they just move to a building close to the train station in Banxiao, why not the same building as the tax office? Would make it a lot easier … but yeah, immigration is a service that ‘needs’ to be done, it’s like the appendix, it’s there but is not of real use. :neutral:

Or the same building as the ex County, now Xinbei or New Taipei City Government. That would make sense, you know? Or at least, they should also have regional offices, so people from Danshui or Xindian do not have to trek into the urban jungles of Zhonghe to try to find this place.

At least, in the last place, they had the Far East Department store nearby, with its free shuttle and fast food court… sigh

In Belgium immigration is handled via the local town/city hall, application and pick-up … so easy! But yes, corruption in Taiwan is probably considered with immigration services.

Wow, this is an awful lot of bitching about a place you need to visit perhaps once a year. :laughing:

Besides, isn’t it far better to keep all the dirty foreigners out of sight in a little side street? I know I can do without seeing them in all their foreignness as I’m going about my daily business.

[quote=“Taffy”]Wow, this is an awful lot of bitching about a place you need to visit perhaps once a year. :laughing:

Besides, isn’t it far better to keep all the dirty foreigners out of sight in a little side street? I know I can do without seeing them in all their foreignness as I’m going about my daily business.[/quote]

From now on every five years … just because the Belgians have only a 5 years passport validity … :fume:

Every three years. Three years too often if you ax me. Takes a fecking day of fecking around, and that was when I knew where to go. Where the HELL is Chunghe?

It’s on Google maps, Zhonghe!

If you peer westwards from your eyrie, no, not that, that’s Xindian, it’s a bit further along, yeah, the grey-brown stain on the landscape with the suspicious smell. Home.

[quote=“Taffy”]Wow, this is an awful lot of bitching about a place you need to visit perhaps once a year. :laughing:

Besides, isn’t it far better to keep all the dirty foreigners out of sight in a little side street? I know I can do without seeing them in all their foreignness as I’m going about my daily business.[/quote]

I was hoping I would never have to go back there again. It was bad enough when I was a student and had to go every three months. I was so happy when I got my APRC. “Never again!”, I thought, I rejoiced… until I realized like BP that the passport would drag me down.

In Canada the seat of any canoe is considered incorporated federal territory whereupon can be performed court martials, treaty negotiations, passport applications, marriages and divorces. Jeez, Taiwanese. :unamused:

Btw, as a resident of Xindian do I have to go to this new ahem office to apply for a APRC or can I do that anywhere?

Same in Germany. I didn’t even have to leave the Bayreuth to deal with immigration.

In Canada the seat of any canoe is considered incorporated federal territory whereupon can be performed court martials, treaty negotiations, passport applications, marriages and divorces. Jeez, Taiwanese. :unamused:

Btw, as a resident of Xindian do I have to go to this new ahem office to apply for a APRC or can I do that anywhere?[/quote]

Bus 1078 -the one that circles Nanshijiao, Yonghe, Zhonghe, Banciao and finally arrives there.

Yep, one office for all New Taipei City… :doh:

The old office took long enough to get to from Danshui. This new one is even worse. Thank god it’s only once every 3 years I need to venture there.