Nice beach...cheap accom

Has anyone been to Zorba Garden recently. A pop-up on their website (zorbagarden.com/index.htm) suggests it might have closed down.

It’s gone. As has the entire beautiful adjacent beach. Closed for hotel development. :fume: :fume: :fume:

It’s gone. As has the entire beautiful adjacent beach. Closed for hotel development. :fume: :fume: :fume:[/quote]

Here’s to regional development. Yeah, get those locals working as waiters for Taipei-based companies. :raspberry:

[quote=“sandman”]
It’s gone. As has the entire beautiful adjacent beach. Closed for hotel development. :fume: :fume: :fume:[/quote]

Thanks. Oh bollux. Nuff said.

Not sure about the hotel development, but Zorba’s has certainly gone. I poked my nose through the gate weekend b4 last - the building’s still there.

According to someone working at a resort farm further up the coast, Zorba’s closed because the landlord wanted to hike the rent significantly. I guess that that meant Zorba’s was no longer viable economically.

Whatever the reasons, it’s gone and it’s a shame.

Carpe diem.

So the beach was open? That would be good news indeed.

I’ve been to a few beaches up north and down south, including Kending,

I would suggest Kending. There are a lot of b&b’s that are well priced and offer great comfort.

Are all the beached in Taiwan rocky? I noticed that the sand all over tends to be very coarse and hard and the surf is full of pebbles and rocks. One smashed into my ankle down in Kending and I had a good bruise for a few days. Ouch!

Are there any beaches in Taiwan that have soft sand and no rocks?

Heaps, but they are all mine…

Beautiful day at Kending:

Here is a b&b that we stayed at up north. you can notice the stark contrast between northern beaches and southern beaches:

Here is a link to a pretty cool hotel in kending that we stayed at, you even get free breakfast!:

http://www.sand.com.tw/

This is another hotel, although not at a beach. Looks fantastic and we will be venturing there in May:

http://www.leaderhotel.com/chi-tou/

After two nights without enough sleep, a day’s work, a flight to T-aitu-ng (I’ll spell it however I bloody want to), dinner and cycling up the coast in the dark, I can’t guarantee that the beach is open. But it might be.

Ah, the joys of fatherhood. Just as well she’s so cute.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it seems that the Cactus cafe is no more. They are turning it into one of those semi-nice places that are next door to it.

Sucks. I liked that place. :frowning:

I second Bai Sha Wan. Remote. Clean. It has never been crowded when I have been there.

There is a campsite on the end of the beach that is alright. They even have hot showers. Not sure about the cost though. I am going there this weekend so i’ll post the info when I come back.

I used to love going to BaiShaoWan, but always stayed at the crappy hotel there, as i cant stomach a)going there and back in one day 2) camping out.
That crappy hotel pissed me off because they stopped using the pool :noway: , and stopped providing breakfast…