Nice gesture

Hi,

I took a trip recently and want to write a very short thank you note on a photo and mail it back to a very kind person I met. If anyone proficient in Chinese wants to help me by replying with a translation into Mandarin, I’d really appreciate it. I’m a smartass myself and enjoy pranks, but please, not this time – these people were extremely kind to me and I want to sincerely thank them and not offend them.

By way of compensation, I can offer you just that fact that you’ll be helping me with “waiguoren public relations” in Taiwan :slight_smile:

Seeker4

=================

(Text 1 requiring translation:)

Hello. I took this photo when I stopped in your shop on my bicycle trip recently. Your breakfast burger was more delicious than any I have had in Taipei. I thank you and Mr. Pan for the hospitality.

==

(Text 2 requiring translation:)

Please give this photo to the children at the school. Thank you.

==================

1. 您好。我前不久腳踏車旅行路上到你們店吃早餐。這是我在你們店裡照的相。你們的漢堡比我在台北其他店吃過的更好吃。感謝您和潘先生的熱情招待。

2. 請把這張照片交給學校裡的小朋友,謝謝。

Suggestions for improvement welcome!

Juba’s translation is already great. I change a bit, but not sure if it is better. :unamused:

1. 哈囉! 這張照片是我在最近的腳踏車旅途上,你們的早餐店照的。你們的漢堡比我在台北其他店吃過的更好吃。感謝您和潘先生的熱情招待。

2. 請將這張照片交給學校裡的小朋友,謝謝您。

Funny that I was just telling a friend of mine that I’ve decided to stay away from this forum for it seems that native speakers of the Chinese languages are not welcome here. Ironically. :unamused: But OK i’ll do this one last favor. It won’t kill me I supose. Both Juba and jenpenguin’s translations are GREAT but this is just how I would say:

Text 1: 您好!這張照片是我前不久在騎腳踏車的路上到你們店裡吃早餐的時候拍的 。你們的漢堡是我在台北吃過最好吃的(if the shop was in Taipei also; if not, then 你們的漢堡比我在台北吃過的好吃)。 謝謝您和潘先生的招待。

Text 2: 請將這張照片交給學校裡的小朋友。 謝謝。

[quote=“Dave’s girl”]Funny that I was just telling a friend of mine that I’ve decided to stay away from this forum for it seems that native speakers of the Chinese languages are not welcome here. Ironically. :unamused: But OK I’ll do this one last favor. It won’t kill me I supose. Both Juba and jenpenguin’s translations are GREAT but this is just how I would say:

Text 1: 您好!這張照片是我前不久在騎腳踏車的路上到你們店裡吃早餐的時候拍的 。你們的漢堡是我在台北吃過最好吃的(if the shop was in Taipei also; if not, then 你們的漢堡比我在台北吃過的好吃)。 謝謝您和潘先生的招待。

Text 2: 請將這張照片交給學校裡的小朋友。 謝謝。[/quote]

I would have just said that I don’t have any children who eat hamburgers or carry around digital cameras to take pictures lol

All,

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Seeker4

P.S. - Dave’s Girl: I don’t think it’s true that native Mandarin speakers are not welcome here. Certainly never heard anyone say that and I don’t think that way. Hope you hang around.