• Goose Egg
  • Big Fluffy Matthew
  • Mr He
  • sandman
  • bob (chemical dependency)
  • Vannyel (paid to stay away)
  • Who the fuck is Malc?

0 voters

Come on empty yer pockets, someone’s coining it. This site looks like an fing billboard. What goes to who and how much? How else do you explain the desperate attempts to maintain hegemony over the site’s content?

I reckon it’s that Big Fluffy Matthew, he’s always jabbering on about people being ‘civil’. Conducive to business :wink: , oiling the wheels of commerce an’ all that :wink:

Don’t see the option for “the hosting company”…

forgot about:[quote=“Truant aswell, who”] Learning to read Chinese vocab allows a language student to learn both orally and visually, which is a more thorough learning method[/quote]than what?

[quote=“Truant also”]These flashcards have been developed by drawing on the most effective learning methods[/quote]Which are? Obviously I’m looking for research from Russell Group/Ivy League Unis here.

“Nice little earner”? I don’t think so

More like “labour of love”

Who pays for the site? Look here: forumosa.com/kit/sponsors.php (ADVERTISE link is at the top of the page)

[quote=“Shanghai Chek”]forgot about:[quote=“Truant aswell, who”] Learning to read Chinese vocab allows a language student to learn both orally and visually, which is a more thorough learning method[/quote]than what?

If you want to discuss wording on a website, that is not forumosa, email the owner of the said website. flashcards@truant.net

FWIW, if you think I’m making money out of flashcards, think again. I’ll be lucky to break even but figured it’s worth doing if people benefit from the efforts, and I’m at least not out of pocket.

Hearing comments like yours makes me seriously wonder why I bother.

Never seen Goose Egg respond so fast in all me life! Must be on to something.

[quote=“Goose Egg”]Who pays for the site?[/quote]Well if they pay for the site, what’s the paypal button for? Let’s have a look at the fcom ledger eh?

Are you a shareholder or just an arsehole with no idea? I’m quietly confident about the answer to that one.

HG

Doesn’t sound like you have had a very long life :wink:[quote=“Shanghai Chek”][quote=“Goose Egg”]Who pays for the site?[/quote]Well if they pay for the site, what’s the paypal button for? Let’s have a look at the fcom ledger eh?[/quote]
It’s for sponsors who don’t want to put a banner on the website - that’s why it says Donate

Up to date with current linguistic research from ‘Ivy League/Russell Group’ universities, are we? :smiley: Clue; you don’t google it…

Fuck, a smiley. Why?

I understand if you’d rather not discuss those quotes on a public forum.

I voted for Vannyel. There’s no better money earner than bribes.

I understand if you’d rather not discuss those quotes on a public forum.[/quote]
Well it depends, if you’d approached it liked a decent person, then sure. I don’t have anything to hide, even if you are OT in your own thread.

The point is, you actually don’t give a shit. You are just grasping for whatever you can get. Who’s next?

Do you have to work hard at your bitterness and ignorance - or does it just come naturally?

Never ceases to amaze me the sorts of things people get stuck in their craw on here. I blame ice.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Are you a shareholder or just an arsehole with no idea? I’m quietly confident about the answer to that one.

HG[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Well put, HGC.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Are you a shareholder or just an arsehole with no idea? I’m quietly confident about the answer to that one.

HG[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. Well put, HGC.[/quote]

I’m sorry but I disagree: the first option was pointless, leaving the question redundant.

Are you suggesting I’m not? :astonished: :astonished:

[quote=“Goose Egg”]It’s for sponsors who don’t want to put a banner on the website[/quote]Why not eh? The plot thickens. Who are you lot, the R.O.C. chapter of the Freemasons?

I must be a shareholder then cos you’re not allowed to call me an arsehole.

I do, a bit, and those quotes are typical of the sort of vague gibberish language ‘schools’ pump out on a regular basis on this rogue island. [quote]These flashcards have been developed by drawing on the most effective learning methods[/quote] With what, crayons?

[quote=“Toasty”]I voted for Vannyel. There’s no better money earner than bribes.[/quote]Toasty’s on the ball.

I’ve always thought it a pitty that Forumosa didn’t make more money for the owners. If you consider the service that it offers, they should, in fairness, be rolling in it.

If you’d been reading this site for a few years now, you’ll have come across discussions about the high costs involved in operating this high volume site - costs that have grown substantially over the years. Yes, those who run the site have to advertise, sell merchandise, and solicit donations and donate unpaid work-time to keep it running. It would surprise me if they are making any profit off it.

I must be a shareholder then cos you’re not allowed to call me an arsehole.[/quote]

From the link: “Treat people with respect. Don’t be rude…”

Wise advice. I’d recommend you heed it.

[quote]It would surprise me if they are making any profit off it.[/quote]So nobody actually knows?