Nice little earner

I know that we are not - are you thinking about making a donation?

I’m not too familiar with the costs involved with running a forum, but I do remember reading some figures a while back somewhere about operating costs for Forumosa. I remember thinking “how on earth do they come up with that kind of money.” Not cheap.

Anyways, I’m glad IF/WHEN you manage to get enough support to keep the site well and growing. I’m sure, however, that it hasn’t always been the case. In fact, I’m pretty certain that for at least the first couple years, if not longer, the operating costs would have come out of admin’s pocket. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that would basically mean that running Forumosa is not a money maker, but more so, it once was a personal expense for admin.

I know what it’s like. BARK’s expenses weren’t all covered by charities at first, and little things still come out of my pocket quite often. 50Nt here, 100NT there… It adds up. I consider that to be my personal contribution to the organization. But I digress.

Forumosa helped BARK quite a bit, and I feel bad that I have not contributed to Forumosa financially. :blush:

We just found a new webmaster to help us build our website. We will be certain to add a mention and a link to Forumosa. It’s the least we can do.

Folks, it costs a lot of money to host a forum like this. If you’re a regular on it, why not pitch in a bit to help defray the costs? NT$5 a day isn’t too much to ask, is it? (To the OP – no, I’m not a stakeholder in the site.)

I get lots of free drinks for arguing with the special boys. Hardly ‘coining it’, though. A drop in the ocean.

Don’t feed the troll.
Ignore button for this nutcase.