Nice romantic hotel/spa

[quote=“Mucha (Muzha) Man”]Went to the Spring in Beitou. Nice place but not very romantic as it is very geared toward families. Tried to have a romantic dinner in the Japanese restaurant but could not with all the noise and activity from children.
[/quote]

Yes, unfortunately, noise and activity is usually the norm at any hot spring resort on the weekend, as it is at any popular spot in Taipei. We generally prefer to frequent them during the week, usually on say a Wednesday to have a mid-week break. If you’re looking for privacy and the presence of children and families is a factor, I’d suggest avoiding most any place in and around Taipei on the weekend!

By the way, to build on what Grayson mentioned, you’re more likely to find a better deal and even possibly be given a better room with a bigger bath when you go during the week. From personal experience, I find that they are quite generous toward their return customers.

Sorry you had a bad experience; timing is everything. Hope it goes better next time.

We went here last time we stayed at Wulai. It was nice and cost 4 or 5K.

Not sure about their check in time, but you could call and ask, next time you want to head up. The psa was really good, and my wife swears she could tell that it was very pure. The tub room was the size of a decent bedroom, with a large hot, and smaller cold tub, and sliding doors onto a private patio.

Chinese website:

beautyspa.com.tw/index1.php

Brian

[quote=“citizen k”]

Sorry you had a bad experience; timing is everything. Hope it goes better next time.[/quote]

Oh no, we had a very good time, and thank you for reminding me about the place. I was just giving my honest assessment. Some good points, some bad. Most of the bad, as you say, could be avoided by going mid-week.