Nicolas Cage is....GHOST RIDER

I love all Marvel movies…well almost. Hulk kinda sucked since it was so far from the comic book. HE DOESN’T GROW IN SIZE WHEN ANGRY!!!..only in strength.

Anyway…fantastic four was fun. And now Ghost Rider is on the way.

sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/ <—click “enter the site” and then “The rider revealed”

I thought FF was really disappointing. Hulk had great directing (how they took the comic book cut scenes and worked it in was cool). Spiderman was well written, good plot, good actors, and X-men was great. Also liked Batman Begins over previous incarnations, and who can forget Superman.

Can’t wait to see the new Superman.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]I thought FF was really disappointing. Hulk had great directing (how they took the comic book cut scenes and worked it in was cool). Spiderman was well written, good plot, good actors, and X-men was great. Also liked Batman Begins over previous incarnations, and who can forget Superman.

Can’t wait to see the new Superman.[/quote]

The FF sucked.

Ghost Rider will be made or broken on who the villian is.

I thought this thread was about that outlaw biker trash dude with the souped up Busa, 499 HP (He claims) with a turbo.

He likes to video tape himself driving on the highway during mid-afternoon traffic.

They should make a movie about him.

When they gonna make a movie about Sgt. Rock?

Wasn’t Ghost Rider that TV series for 12 year-olds about a talking car? I assume Cage is playing the car. That role seems perfectly suited to his talents. Maybe in his next movie he can play a Transformer:

I’m a big Marvel fan too.

The Punisher was good. Swamp Thing was released on dvd and never made it to Taiwan.

Hulk sucked, but the more I watch it, I enjoy it; but it was hard getting over the cinematography boxed windows. The change in plot was ok IMHO.

The FF again was OK and I thought it stuck to the early plot lines, where Reed Richards basically directed the others in battle (he IS a genious) and Dr Doom was good as well. The next one should be better; bring on the Skrulls!

I was never much into Ghost Rider, but it is encouraging to see big name stars taking the lead.

I heard Tom Cruisy is gonna be Iron Man, and Captain America is coming soon.

In any event, if it’s Marvel, I watch it.

Merry Christmas! :rainbow:

Like my new avatar?

Very much!

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Wasn’t Ghost Rider that TV series for 12 year-olds about a talking car? I assume Cage is playing the car. That role seems perfectly suited to his talents. Maybe in his next movie he can play a Transformer:

[/quote]

Wasn’t that one Knight Rider, with David Hasselhorst and a GM car, not a Subaru?

Here are my opinions:

Sin City = Best non-standard comic book movie. It has all the guns, babes, cars, and trnechcoats you could want. Great film noir setting and dialogue. I’m also a sucker for a revenge plot, this one has 3! (waiting for Sin City 2 and 3, due out in the coming years.)

Batman Begins = Best Hero comic book movie I have seen. It was epic, smart, and truley represented Batman the way he is in the comics. (Joker and Twoface are coming up next.)

Batman 1-4 = Got progrssivley worse, but even at its high point was nothing compared to Begins.

Spiderman 1-2 = Very accurate to the comics. The only problem is that I don’t like the comics. Spider man makes too many puns. But like I said this movie was good for staying with the source material.

Daredevil = Would have been much better with good actors playing Elektra and Daredevil. Plot was decent however.

Blade 1-2 = For some reason I watched 1 and 2 but then I had enough, not going to bother with 3. I just can’t believe how they cheaped out in the last fight in 1, there was supposed to be a huge 3-D blood monster but they couldn’t afford it so the just turned the badguys eyes red…

Unbreakable = A lot of people thought this movie sucked but I was really into it. I thought the plot was interesting and the movie-making in general was high quality.

X-Men = Didn’t like it at all. They changed the costumes, cast look-alikes instead of good actors and took plot points from the dumb parts of the X-Men universe.

Superman = I saw this when I was a kid and thought it was Super-Boring. Never bothered to watch again.

I never saw FF or the Hulk cuz they looked bad. I am hoping Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and Captain America can be good movies, I like all their characters. Only thing left for me to want is a Avengers/Ultimates movie featuring the team-up of Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Giant Man, Wasp, and Captain America.

“Wasn’t Ghost Rider that TV series for 12 year-olds about a talking car? I assume Cage is playing the car. That role seems perfectly suited to his talents. Maybe in his next movie he can play a Transformer:”

uhhh…sorry…you’re thinking of the critically acclaimed “knight rider”. easy mistake though. but i do agree that nick cage would be well suited to play “kit” the car.

Ian Alexander,
They also managed to totally balls up “From Hell,” even though Depp could have my kidney if he wanted it.

I have also read ‘The Sandman’ scripts, (nuthin to do with the Randy Quaid lookalike who posts here from time to time) and thank the lord that they have been shelved.

Nick Cage, for the brits out there, is to acting what Graeme Souness is to football management.

I wish Hollywood would leave Marvel comics alone. :fume: Huge Xman fan when I was in my teens. :yay: :discodance: :discodance: But Storm was never stupid (Do you know what lightning does to a frog?WTF!!!) And Mystique was never a stupid silent broad. She kicked ass in the comics and led her own gang. :noway: :noway:

Hollywood doing these movies are a sore point with me. :fume: :fume:

New Ghost Rider Trailer Here
Looks like the effects will be cool, but I’m not sure about the plot.
I’ll wait and see.

as a teen I dearly loved X-men too. I collected the cards (yes my nerdiness is showing again) and I watched the cartoon every time it came on (and recorded it when I wouldn’t be around the tv to see it). I thought the movies were OK. the first one was best imho b/c it had more of the emotional/relationship stuff that made you care about the characters (especially Rogue with her relationship to Wolverine).

Nicholas Cage is a terrible actor. Every role he seems to play the same…boring. His voice is toneless, his face is emotionless (except when he does the fake anger thing).