Night Sweats

Anyone else experience this? I wake up in the middle of the night just soaked. It doesn’t matter how warm or cool the evening is either. And I only experience this in Taiwan.

What’s up with dat?

A wet dream?

Seriously, it could be a kidney or liver problem. I would go for liver function test just to be safe, and get a urine test while you are at it.

Or it could just be the beginning of a

Hot flashes (or are you a man?)
It’s also a symptom of AIDS.
More simply, it seems that people who grew up in a dryer environment have trouble adjusting to the higher humidity here, and so feel too hot in an environment of 20 C, and too cold at 18. (or whatever degree would feel good at home.)

Alot of times when you start to sweat for no reason, it means your
body is fighting an imminent cold or flu.

Cotton clothes and cotton sheets and a dehumidifier might help. Otherwise you’re getting the cold.

Clear your conscience

[quote=“Chewycorns”]A wet dream?

Seriously, it could be a kidney or liver problem. I would go for liver function test just to be safe, and get a urine test while you are at it.

Or it could just be the beginning of a

Yeah, you definitely should try sleeping without the silk sheets to see if that’s the problem. Silk breaths very poorly compared to cotton, so all that heat and perspiration builds up over the several hours you’re in bed.

toe save,
do you snore? snorers struggle during the night and sweat a lot.

I think its your posts on Forumosa coming back to haunt you. Tsk, Tsk. Shouldn’t of posted some of things :no-no: :laughing:

[quote=“rantheman”]toe save,
do you snore? snorers struggle during the night and sweat a lot.[/quote]

Oh do I snore. This is why I love the Perfect PArtner so much. She has never, not once, complained about it. My ex-wife would wake me up the minute I started sawing.

Maybe some sleep apnia laser surgery might help. Anyone ever do this? I had a friend back in Whistler who did. His breath smelt like burning flesh for a week. Nice.

Shin-Gua, it is too easy to blame my postings for this. I stand by everything I’ve written. :wink:

Thanks SH and RtM.

Jlick, the silk is sooooooooo comfy tho…but I’ll give it a try and report back. I’ve been wanting to buy a flannel sheet for awhile. Anyone ever see flannel sheets in Taiwan? I may have to get some sent over the pond.

Costco had flannel sheets a while back but not sure about now. Silk sheets are the probable cause as silk does not breath at all. I remember when I had a nice black silk shirt but could never wear it because of the sweat buildup underneath.

I too occationally sweat a lot at night. and have been told i snore, but I think who ever said that it may be due to liver or kidney problems, may be right since i’ve just been told that my liver is off therefore affecting my kidney, heart and stomach functions. Best of luck in your search

Years ago I was in a bad motorcycle accident. When I became barely concious (drugged) in intensive care I was profusely sweating. The next time I became concious I was still profusely sweating even though they had a fan blowing on me ( and intensive care is like being in a freezer!). The third time I regained conciousness I was still sweating, and remembered sweating the first two times I woke up, and just couldn’t understand why I was sweating. Then I discovered I was laying on those thin blue plastic waterproof diapers (or chucks) that hospitals are so fond of. By wiggling around and pulling (very weakly) I managed to get them out from under me. I cooled right off and quit sweating. Don’t sleep on anything that is remotely waterproof!!