Nightclubs/Dance Clubs in Kaohsiung

Original Title: Place u can dance House/tribal/techno/progressive trance,etc

This post is for those of you who like dancing or listening to anything from House to Hard Progressive trance, as well as other popular music genre’s.

I don’t want this post to come out sounding like an advertisement, but I honestly don’t know how else to write this. So please forgive. Ok, so the dance/dance music scene here in Kaohsiung is definately missing something. (only referring to music types listed in the subject line; hip-hop seems ok) Granted, there are a couple decent places (BoBo’s, Viva) but for the most part, considering the size of the city, there’s not much going on. I want to do what I can to help the music scene down here. I’m a DJ of some of the music listed in the subject line. I’ve recently started dj’ing alongside some other quality Westerner Dj’s at a bar/club here in Kaohsiung. Things have been good thus far, but I don’t think a lot of people know they can hear this type of music (and dance!) at this place. [here’s where I edited the post] Ok, since nobody’s said anything, then I guess it’s ok. So you can come to Overtime Sports Bar in Kaohsiung (if you don’t know, it’s on Fuguo Rd, across from Lighthouse) on Saturday nights. Word is, a new dance floor will be built and lots of $$$ spent on dancefloor lights. So should be really good in the coming weeks.

Again, I don’t want this sounding as an advertisement (I in no way own any part of the place); just want to let people know that there is life in Kaohsiung and where to go to find some of it. Thanks!

oZzo

-Update-

There’s some parties scheduled for the rest of the Saturday’s for this month. The Miss Overtime (beauty) contest is this Saturday. Should be fun! :wink: So I’ll be there next month. But as far as I know, you can still listen and dance to various styles of house and hip-hop on the rest of the Saturdays. Contact them to be sure.

oZzo

[quote=“ozzo”]-Update-

There’s some parties scheduled for the rest of the Saturday’s for this month. The Miss Overtime (beauty) contest is this Saturday. Should be fun! :wink: So I’ll be there next month. But as far as I know, you can still listen and dance to various styles of house and hip-hop on the rest of the Saturdays. Contact them to be sure.

oZzo[/quote]

There was a lot of pissed off people concerning the Miss Overtime. Started really late and the contestants were lied to about what was involved. Many people won’t be going back.

Yeah, I heard about that from a friend (wasn’t there myself). Didn’t hear about it starting late, but heard the girls were asked to do some interesting things. My GF was invited to join, glad she didn’t.

Anyhow, as stated before, I’m not one of the owners of the bar, just trying to get my music heard. I’ve recently landed a spot on Taiwans UFO Radio on Sunday nights. You can hear my mixes on Sunday nights around 8pm (for now only about 10 minutes) there. 103.9 in Kaohsiung, I think 92.1 in Taipei, www.ufo.net.tw Sorry, Chinese only.

oZzo

Have you talked to Brett at the Lighthouse? He is a big music fan and he is always open to new ideas.

Yeah, I mentioned it to his wife Elly a while back and she sounded open to the idea, but to be honest, given the crowd that goes there, I don’t think my music would be liked too much. I do have a selection of more popular dance songs, but most of my tunes are more suitable for places like Viva or BOBO’s. But then again, who knows, guess it wouldn’t hurt to ask again. Thanks for the idea!

oZzo

Ok, now I realize that Subject lines get changed a lot in Forumosa, but I really think the name change to this thread is misleading. Maybe the original wasn’t the best, but this new one, I’m not sure about.

Nightclubs/Dance Clubs in Kaohsiung (Gaoxiong)

I think the name will generate more traffic, but many of those people will be looking for a place that plays Top 40 dance tunes, which you will likely not hear at this place (at least not later in the night, you certainly will hear them earlier in the night). I guess I thought writing the title

“Place u can dance House/tribal/techno/progressive trance,etc”

would only attract those people looking to dance to those genres of music, which was my point. Ok, enough said, I feel better. :loco: And all of that was written in a ‘constructive criticism’ frame of mind.

oZzo